Menu
dieapy
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

A copy of my feed back to a Virgin Meadia Survey

You and I know one pays there bills a month in advance so October covers the whole of November and November bill covers all of December Right October and Novembers bills are paid in full to date. I ask last week to have my TV package reduced due to your ever increasing price rises, down to £64.00 from £78+ bearing in mind both November and December are paid in full at the higher rate, why was it my TV package reduced to the lower rate next day, when in December low rate bill is for January 2017 the lower package should also start in January 2017. In other word you have reduced my TV viewing this November and December when they have already been paid for.

Now this might blow your mind over a year ago my phone landline stopped working ever since then I have been paying £19.00 a month line rental for nothing no calls in or out, please check line rental billing and you will see there has been no activity this past year, right I ask again in store about cancelling phone line rental, go on line and do it there was the reply? I have looked every where about cancelling, end contract to phone line rental, please tell me where to do this?

And what about a refund I should be due one don't you think? What was it in my contract about you promising to pay compensation for day's weeks that it is off?... WOWCHER!... HUNDREDS!!!  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: A copy of my feed back to a Virgin Meadia Survey

no idea on the TV - fully agree with you billing is a mystery that even people at VM i have asked dont understand

line rental i do understand - to a degree - VM sell packages if a phone which means line rental is included then the total price reflects that - but take a phone out and therefor no line rental they magically get to the same package price or even more - so cancel the phone by all means but dont expect a reduction in your bill

its cheaper for me to have 100meg plus a phone than it is to have 100meg on its own - i said i understand line rental costs - having typed the above i should say i understand how VM factor it in - little more

Tony
0 Kudos
dieapy
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony

Thank for your info it's a VM landline phone I refer to, I have my own mobile Galaxy Note 4gb not the one the blows up! Pay as you go with EE and WhatsApp text. I was told in VM Store it would reduce my package if I cancelled... my question was where do I cancel the landline?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

it is a landline phone i refer to - you can cancel by ringing retentions but as i said dont expect your package price to fall by anything like £19 - again as i said it may in fact increase as they rejig the package - it will also start a new 12 or 18 month contract

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
dieapy
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I only need the VM line cut off the telephone is my own not there's. The point is the line hasn't worked for over a year and no one should have to put up with that. Right! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you miss my point - working or not they will charge you - it matters not in the cost - line rental plus 100meg BB is cheaper that 100meg BB on its own - your package will be the same - remove the line rental and your bill is likely to go up

it may sound daft but thats how it works

Tony
0 Kudos
dieapy
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK Tony I get your drift maybe I should cancel the whole package altogether and go for a cheaper package else-where the broadband might by slower but at least the price would have dropped

Thanks you, you may have lost VM a VIP Customer I have been with them a very long time even before Sir Richard took over, myself having an ntl email address

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Dieapy,

I am really very sorry to hear about all the bother you've experienced. Smiley Sad

I've responded to your post in a separate thread and followed this up with a private message so that we can chat some more.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos