Menu
Mayibentoumert
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

6 months contract

I am moving in a new apartment for a duration of 6 months. Does anywone know if there are 6 months contracts for wifi network or 12 months contracts that can be carried trough even if the adress changes?
0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 6 months contract

Hi mayibentoumert,

Virgin only offer 12 months contracts unfortunately however if you do sign up and then move home you can take the service with you by speaking to their house moves team before your 6 months is up, the next house you move to must be in a Virgin media enabled area though and you may be charge the £14.99 activation fee again at the new address.

For such a short period of time i would perhaps suggest looking at a 30-day rolling sim contract instead provided your internet usage is reasonable.

Virgin currently offer 20GB of 4G data for £15 per month on a 30 day rolling contract and you could use a Mi-Fi device as your access point. if considering this route i would definetley recommend checking the Virgin Mobile signal coverage for your area, here are the details below.

Virgin Mobile Network Coverage Checker

Virgin Mobile Mi-Fi Device

Virgin Mobile Sim Only Deals

Hope this helps

Mayibentoumert
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your quick answer, this helps a lot. I think I can go for the 6 months contract if I know I will be able to take the service with me to my next house.
One last question tho. When you say virgin media enabled area.. is the whole central london considered as a virgin media enabled area? Or does that specific house need to have a virgin media installation already?

0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As far as i am aware a large amount of central London is covered but never assume that ever premises has Virgin Media installed, even though Virgin may have presence in the street there could be several other factors as to why they cannot provide service at a particular address.

You are always best to check the postcode via the Virgin media website to see if that specific premises is covered.

0 Kudos
Mayibentoumert
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Okay sounds good.
Thank you Again.
I actually have one more question to ask you. The landlord of the property I am moving into does not want me to change the property's telephone number. I believe it already had a virgin media installation. Is there anyway that I can keep that same number when they install the landline that comes with the broadand package.

Looking forward to hear back.
Best
0 Kudos