Menu
Nexxusone
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

£50 refer a friend credit

when does / should the £50 refere a friend credit get applied? just got 1st bill no sign of it?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: £50 refer a friend credit

Last I read, after install if you're the referred person, but if you're the referrer, you have to wait until the referred person has been with VM for 28 days.

Generally speaking (based on past topics posted about the matter), the normal response is that it hasn't been applied then there's nothing in the system about the referral having happened. The issue then being that the credit cannot be applied in retrospect.

To find out where you stand, you can either choose to wait up to three days for a response from a member of the favicon.png Forum Team here. They'll look into it.

Or pop a quick call into 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Enter the menu system -> Option 4 then Option 1. That'll get you through to the Customer Care Team, ask them about the matter. The Customer Care Team are available until midnight due to the team being a mix of UK and offshore staff.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Nexxusone
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm the new customer, the family that refered me been a customer 15+ years -- I have order confirmation which includes the reference to the £50 credit being applied... but when 1st bill (yesterday) it seems to be a magically be invisible £50 credit (i.e not there!) I hope this is NOT a sign of things to come?!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Then being that you have order the confirmation proving it, I wouldn't be to worried about it not getting applied (depending on how you want to get it looked into, either by a call in aboutit or wait for a staff response here about it.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Nexxusone
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

will wait a while before i phone ...lol
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nexxusone,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you haven't yet received your refer a friend credit. I've taken a look at the account and I'm not seeing any link from your account to show a referral has been made. 

We'll need to look a little deeper into this so please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. We can take details of the referred account and work backwards from there Smiley Happy 

Let me know how the call goes and by the way, welcome to the Community!! 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Nexxusone
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I gave up trying to get back and binned the tv/phone add ons via price increase and just kept broadband and the Sh#te Hub 3 with the now infamous puma 6 chipset firmware bug... any chance of waving a magic wand and getting the firmware update rolled out as its been over a year since intel admitted the fault....

0 Kudos