Menu
marty1966
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

£50 credit for refer a friend not applied to my bill

Hi

I refered a friend a couple of months ago, neither of us got the £50 credit applied to our accounts but after my friend contacted Virgin the credit was applied to our accounts.

This was a few weeks ago; payment for my bill was taken Today and although I have the £50 credit on my accoiunt full payment for the bill was taken.

I would of thought the bill payment would have reflected the credit on my account.

Is  it possible for this to be looked into?

Thanks,

Marty.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: £50 credit for refer a friend not applied to my bill

Hi marty1966,

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear your Refer a friend credit has been applied Smiley Happy

Checking the account today it looks as though your bill was generated the day before the credit was applied. This means that we would have requested the amount you were billed for via Direct Debit. 

Not to worry though as next months bill, when generated, will show the credit and we'll take what you're billed for minus the £50.

If you have any further questions then pop back and let us know Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pjn1978
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat i got 50 quid off when i joined for my sister refering me then i refered my mum and dad over 2 months ago and that 50 quid has never been taken off

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi pjn1978,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you haven't yet received your refer a friend credit. I've taken a look at the account and I'm not seeing any link from your account to show a referral has been made. 

We'll need to look a little deeper into this so please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. We can take details of the referred account and work backwards from there Smiley Happy 

Let me know how the call goes.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pjn1978
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

I called this afternoon

for some reason it didnt go through but the operator looked at both accounts and said i should have the dicount applied within 14 days. Fingers Crossed Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
marty1966
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Kath_F.

That seems to make perfect sense.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi pin1978

Thanks for dropping back to us. That has now been sorted for you and will reflect on your next statement with us.

You should see this showing on your online account via My Virgin Media

If there is anything else you need support with, please just let us know Smiley Happy

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos