Menu
RoseRodent
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

30 day notice drama

We are having a nightmare over premium channels and absolutely no luck resolving it. Every single year for at least 7 years we have called to add the sports package for exactly one month in order to cover the post-season of the NFL which is not carried by terrestrial channels any more. As usual, we added this on 7th Jan this year and made it very clear on the phone call that we wanted exactly one month just as we always do. We understand that there's been a change to a new "give 30 days' notice to cancel" policy (though there seems to be some confusion still as some forum posts from VM team are still saying so long as you have had 30+ days you can remove it immediately) but we did specify in the original call on 7th Jan that we wanted it until 6th Feb only and had chosen 7th January to put it on because that gives us the minimum 30 day period - that IS giving 30 days' notice that we wish to cancel it on 6th February. 

We called again on 16th Feb to ask why it was still connected to be told we didn't give notice to disconnect and that this marks the start of the 30 day notice, it will stay on until 18th March now!! 

Today I got the next bill, generated 2nd March (AFTER the 16th Feb notice was generated for 30-day cancellation) and lo and behold we are being billed on this bill for sports package from 22nd March to 21st April! Called to complain and were told we could only have any of this refunded if they listen to the call and verify we specified only wanting 30 days. Then he comes back and says according to the system we didn't call in, we took the upgrade using our remote and our PIN. We definitely didn't, we were both here for the call, we actually called in 3 times to get various pricing and cancellation information really clear before going ahead. Our home phone shows the date and time of these calls, but according to VM we didn't call - took a picture of these phone calls. Out of curiosity, we looked in our box to see how you can do an upgrade using the remote, and it's not actually possible on our box, it says so when you attempt it. Took a picture of this too. 

So now we are being billed until at least 21st April for a channel that we only contracted for up to 6th February, and I don't know what on earth to do next because how can anyone listen to a call the system says we didn't make? This was put on by someone else, so although he had my permission to add one month, he didn't have my permission as the bill payer to add on multiple months, and I'm stiffed with this bill. Service is truly atrocious, not a whiff of apology, only a suggestion that by the 22nd April bill part of it might be sorted out. We haven't watched the channel, only flicked it on on 18th to see if it was still active and again today to see if it was there or not, otherwise untouched. 

So what next? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 30 day notice drama

Hi RoseRodent,

Sorry about the experience. I'd like to have a look into this for you, so I'll drop you a line in a private message soon. Just lick the small envelope logo to the top right.

Thanks,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
RoseRodent
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I tried licking the envelope but it didn't work so I tried clicking it instead and that was better Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

I finally managed to get through to someone with a working brain and ability to do things and we have had all the excess refunded - apparently. We cannot confirm this until 18th March when the package will finally come off and then it should remove all the upfront billing, apply the credit and everything. I have no idea why the system is stupid enough to raise a bill for a packaged that has already terminated (removed after expiry of 30 day notice: 18th March, billed from 22nd March to 21st April) and yes I am annoyed about the charge for not paying by direct debit even if it's only going to be 45p - the only reason I did it was because the your error. I prefer paying by direct debit, it's a cost and inconvenience to me too to pay by card!! The person I spoke to tried to make out like because it's 45p I shouldn't be cross! I can buy myself quite a nice yoghurt with that rather than waste it on funding VM's mistake. At least this person was able to do things, I can hardly work out why VM bothers to employ 80% of the workforce since they seem to have no ability to do anything. 

Would I recommend the product - definitely, it's thousands of times better than the alternative. Shame it comes with the service. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Oops, My typo!

I'm glad you've managed to get this sorted RoseRodent, I'm just sorry it wasn't as straight forward as it should have been.

We're here if you need any further support.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos