Menu
Robert12348579
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

30 Days Notice - Do I pay for next month?

Hi there,

I want to cancel the service because it's way too expensive.

If I cancel after the money has been paid for this month, would I need to pay for next month as well?

Please let me know. My minimum contract period has been over for a while and I am free to cancel.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 30 Days Notice - Do I pay for next month?

I assume it will be pro-rata based on how many days service you use between bills.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Robert12348579
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't understand.

Say I phone them tomorrow and cancel. I assume my service will be disconnected in 30 days? I will already have paid for these 30 days?

I don't quite understand how it works, because otherwise I can be without internet and TV if I don't book for the other service to be hooked up.

How would I have to do this, I want to book the other engineer, then disconnect all Virgin services without paying anything.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The 30 day notice is you handing in a notice that in 30 days time you wish for the services to stop. You will have the services for the next 30 days and you will still be charged for them.

I believe bills are for the previous month, and not the month in advance. (im actually not sure for VM but thats how my other personal bills work)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Bills are monthly in advance. Any adjustment due at the end of service will be made by refund cheque 45 days after you leave

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Robert12348579
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So I will have already paid for the next 30 days, according to what Howard has said.

Just to make this clear:

1) I paid the virgin Bill this month.

2) I will phone them and cancel tomorrow.

3) In 30 days they will disconnect my services.

4) I will not need to pay anything else and can happily book the engineer for my other package.

I am sorry if I seem dense about this, I want to make absolutely sure because these cable companies seem to make things unclear on purpose, so they can lock you into things you don't want.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the clarification Howard.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robert

I appreciate you getting in touch about the billing period and advance charges.

With regards to this it's a bit of a minefield as customers can be in one of 8 different billing cycles from one of 30 different billing regions so you can appreciate it's not a one answer suits all kind of question.

The ultimate final bill depends on how far you pay in advance now and when your next bill is due to be produced. This affects pro rata/credits/debits etc.

Yes you do pay for 30 days in advance but that may be 30 days from the day your monthly bill is produced or 30 days from two weeks after this date depending on billing region.

In order to check into this specifically, it's best if you contact the teams.

You can contact them to look at supporting you with this this either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat

To speak to the Webchat teams just choose the option in the column on the left that best matches your needs and tab over to the right through the menu to get to the Chat Online option.

E.g. Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

I'm sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving us too Smiley Sad  I hope you get a chance to chat about this with the teams as there may be other options they can look at to suit you better financially that would save you having to leave us Smiley Happy

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos