Menu
ssnnoowwyy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

25 years

I have been with Virgin from the start I was with NTL ( about 25 years ) but I am now thinking of moving on for the simple reason that they do not reward or respect old existing customers a new customer pays less for the same TV , Phone and Broadband package I have and you get the same deal on mobile can someone give me a reason to stay I am not after something for nothing but just show that you want us to stay
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 25 years

Like most other providers, Virgin put most of their effort into signing up new customers then hoping inertia will mean they stay long enough to make a good profit. Calling in and negotiating a new deal at the end of each contract period will often get you a lower ongoing price although not as good as a new customer. For the lowest prices you have to be prepared to change provider each time. Like you I would prefer a fair price that is the same for everyone but that is not the way the world works
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

it's the same for other things as well, car, house insurance, sky, bt......great deal to start with then after a couple of years you find new customers get a better deal than you currently have. all you can do is phone the retentions department and haggle. but you still won't get the same deal as new customers. you could go to sky, but in a couple of years the same issue will crop up for you. it is a business model that works well for companies. groom the newbies but will be sure that most will stay for the long haul without shopping around..
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys,

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you are unhappy with the offers available to you as an existing customer. 

New customer's will always have an introductory offer, just like you would have had when you first joined. Any offers past this are available to all customers. 

The good thing is we can take a look at your account to see if we are giving you the best price possible Smiley Happy

Give the teams a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
0-
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Car insurance? - no claims discount of up to 75% after 5-6 years, meaning new customers pay the highest and long term customers benefit. OK, we all know the prices are sky high anyway but that applies to Virgin too after the first year...

============
EE Fibre Broadband
0 Kudos