Menu
bazza13
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

2 virgin media accounts at same address - ending one of the contracts - query re email address

I have a Virgin Media package at my home address. My son moved out, got a flat. He got a Virgin Media package in his flat, and at the time the easiest option when they queried about sending bills via email was to get his bills sent to my email address. I therefore get 2 emails a month from virgin, one with my bill details, and another one for his account with his bill details. He decided to move back in with me, and got his VM package installed in his bedroom. His contract ends next month, he is not renewing. He phoned them and sorted out the cancellation of his contract/account.

I have received the disconnection/contract cancellation email. My only concern is that it says -

"Your email account
If you're disconnecting your Virgin Broadband, your email account with us will close 90 days after your disconnection date. When this happens, you won't be able to use that email address to sign into your My Virgin Media account and you won't be able to access your email folders anymore. If you've got anything important stored there, don't forget to save it on your computer "

Will the above paragraph affect my email account ??? He didnt actually have an email account with VM as such. My email address has been used for many many years, for all my email contact/business etc. and was only used by his VM account to send his bill to me.

Will I still be able to use my email once his account is closed.???  I am worried my email account wont be valid after his contract ends - or is it different if it is used as only as a "billing" email address for his bills.? We havent even tried to log into his VM online account, there has been no need, and I dont even know if we could log into 2 different VM accounts using same email anyway. I assume (and hope) that my email address is actually linked to my VM account only, and not linked to his account apart from bill emails?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 virgin media accounts at same address - ending one of the contracts - query re email address

Every Virgin Media cable account has a Virgin email address attached to it though many choose not to use it. As his account, which is completely separate to yours, is being cancelled then it is his Virgin email address which will become 'orphaned' and eventually lost.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
bazza13
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 virgin media accounts at same address - ending one of the contracts - query re email address

Thanks for quick reply. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos