Menu
Robertlemon
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

2 months in and bill already gone up

Only had virgin for a month or two, on a reduced price for 9 months as a new customer. However my new bill has already gone up a couple of £, I would've thought they'd honour it at least until my discounted period is up.
Is there a mistake or the start of things to come... 😋
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 months in and bill already gone up

Robertlemon wrote:
Only had virgin for a month or two, on a reduced price for 9 months as a new customer. However my new bill has already gone up a couple of £, I would've thought they'd honour it at least until my discounted period is up.
Is there a mistake or the start of things to come... 😋

Price rises happen about one to two times a year (depending on how many services you have.)

They can put the prices up  mid-contract and that will affect new and existing customers. It happened to me when I was about 1 to 2 months in as a new customer with a 3 month discount period. But I've read that price increase this time around should (for new customers) not affect the new customer during their discount period (it would however go up after that.) A running-credit can be applied to keep it at the discounted rate for the new customer (for the duration of the discounted period.)

The quickest way to find out if this has been done for you is to ring 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any phone. Choose Option 1, verify your details. From the menu choose the Billing option, then an appropriate sub-option to query your bill.

Or ask via the Webchat using a laptop or desktop, between 8AM to 8PM M-F, 9AM to 5PM Sa: Account and Billing -> Understanding my Broadband, TV and Home phone bill -> Chat online. All agents busy? reload the page every three minutes and check again until you get through.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos