Menu
CityBoy1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

2 days off work and still no installation

Hi, after being enthusiastically pursued by virgin for a long time, including home visits, I have agreed to give them a try for broadband and tv.

Installation date of dec 19th agreed some 3 weeks  before.

Engineer showed up on 19th but said it was 2 man job and needs 2 man crew. Was promised a call 30 mins after he left.

after no call in 90 mins I spoke to customer service who put me through to installs who quoted January 3rd!

I said this was unacceptable and asked to be put through to customer services. they understood the upset to the family this had caused, not getting Virgin TV for Christmas, and pulled out all the stops, or so I though. Booked another installation date for today, 20th December 2016 and engineer would call 2 hours before showing up for 0800-1300 install slot.

After having no contact by 1000, I called customer services, who told me that install booked for January 3rd! This has never been agreed with me and is not acceptable. After being put on hold for 15 mins I finally got through to pre-install team who said they would investigate and get back to me after having spoken to an area manager.

After another hour of waiting, I have been on a web chat to raise a complaint, but again, not offered any resolution other than to log a complaint and told that install team would be in touch.

I have now took 2 days off work and have 2 upset kids. I have no agreed installation date.

Very, very poor service. Can anybody help me please?

Merry Christmas Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 days off work and still no installation

hiya @CityBoy1 sadly not much can be done via the forum community, since the engineers booked out by the forum staff are mainly for technical related faults with service, since looks like the first available time slot was arranged for the 3rd of January, since it's unlikely there will be any slots opening up.. you could always try and call them back to see if this is the case.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
CityBoy1
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply @paultechy. I have spent a lot of time on the phone today. If I get no callback in next few hours then I shall be cancelling my order. I had been warned that Virgin Customer Service was legendary, and I am now living it myself before even being a customer!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi CityBoy1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even if things aren't going as planned Smiley Sad

I'm sorry to hear we've had to delay your installation. This can sometimes happen but we will then get you in for the next available date. 

You mentioned you're due to be installed today. How have things gone?

Let us know by posting back. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
CityBoy1
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Install went ok thanks Kath_F .....but only got working phone today...so 3 days with no phone!

Customer services have been in contact......

best regards

Kath_F wrote:

Hi CityBoy1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here even if things aren't going as planned Smiley Sad

I'm sorry to hear we've had to delay your installation. This can sometimes happen but we will then get you in for the next available date. 

Thanks,

Kath_F wrote:

Hi CityBoy1, 

Thanks,

regards

0 Kudos
CityBoy1
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear, spoke too soon!

Phone not working again.....was told 24 hours max to sort it out, that was yesterday and it is still not working.

This is really poor I have to say. Smiley Sad

I finally get installation 2 weeks after it was booked and 1 week on I have only had working phone for 1 day so far.....

Can anybody help me do anything about it please?

thanks

0 Kudos
CityBoy1
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Phone not working again....help. Anybody!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi CityBoy1, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

I'm really sorry to hear the phone line isn't working. 

When going in to the account I can see things have been resolved since posting. 

Going forward, if you have no working phoneline, pop a post in the Landline board as no phoneline posts get picked up as a priority. 

If there is anything else I can do, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos