Menu
pogo1910
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

1st Direct Debit

Hi just a quick bit of guidance if anyone can be of any help, i had my full package installed today and was wondering if anyone has a guide as to when i could expect the 1st Direct debit to be taken from my bank.

My bills is already showing a Partial Month Charge of £70 (full months price) and activation fee. Would i be correct in saying my 1st DD will be 2 full months payment plus the activation fee?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1st Direct Debit

You can get the 1st bill anywhere between the day of install to up to 28 days after install. I got mine on the day of install.

As VM bill in advance, the first bill can be up to double the normal amount+activation fee (if any is applicable - I had none, as I was on a free install offer.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As a Virgin Media customer you pay your monthly service or package charges in advance. For example, you pay in April for May’s service. This is slightly different for your first bill where you’re charged for your first month (from your installation date), as well as the advance charge for the second month. This is why your first bill may be more than expected, you normally get your first bill around 20+ days from activation. you can check this by logging into your my virginmedia account via -> https://my.virginmedia.com (using primary email address/password) if you don't know these press forgot username
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
stevenwiddowson
Just joined
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My experience of Virgin Media setting up my account has been less than positive. I received, out of the blue, an email telling me my payment was overdue, and that a £10 late fee had been added. Now, I'm sure that I set up a direct debit during the account creation process (why wouldn't you?!), and at no point has any correspondence noted that I hadn't done this and that I was being charged 45p to run the risk of not paying my bill. And, of course, as now bills don't get sent out and require you to actually look at them online (which I'm all for!), I had no way of knowing this was the case! Never have I EVER known a media service not set up a direct debit during the account creation process where they take your bank details!

They also did nothing to set my account up for three weeks following purchase of it on their website, so Sky could not port my existing phone number and I ended up losing it.

Additionally, trying to access their chat service is a joke! No queuing system, it's either available or (far more often) not. So far Virgin, truly terrible service. 

0 Kudos