Menu
bobbydriver
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

12 month initial contract

I am considering referring a friend through your referral scheme, as they are moving to a new house. They are only signing a 6 month lease initially although they want to get the broadband £27 a month for 12 months (no phone or TV) package.

If for some reason they do not renew the lease on the house and move out, what are the options? Can they move the contract to a new property without financial penalty and what are the penalties if they want to cancel altogether before the 12 month contract is up?

They want to know this info before committing to anything

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 12 month initial contract

bobbydriver wrote:

Can they move the contract to a new property without financial penalty 
Yes, if they move to property which is connected to VM's network or is at least connectable. They would start in a new 12 month contract by doing the move, the old contract ends. As each contract is for services at a specific property, not a contract for anywhere in the UK.

and what are the penalties if they want to cancel altogether before the 12 month contract is up?
The early disconnection fee (EDF) which is applicable when cancelling mid-contract. Use that page to calculate how much would be required EDF wise, if it is greater than £240 then no more than £240 would have to be paid EDF wise.

Edit: Typo fixed.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
bobbydriver
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Working for me, here it is again: http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-...

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
bobbydriver
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very strange - the first time I went to both links I got a 404, but subsequent clicks load it fine.

Got all the info I need though - many thanks