Menu
rhammond
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

£100 Currys/PC World Gift Card

Hi all, Recently signed up to virgin media in a Currys/PCworld. Not going to lie the only reason we signed up through them is that they were offering a £100 gift voucher along with a reasonably priced package. once signed up they informed us they have nothing to do with providing the gift card and expect virgin media to be in touch. We have now had virgin installed but no one has mentioned anything more about the mysterious gift card. Is this just an empty promise to entice people to sign up or is there something we have to do to claim the gift card? Any one else got one from them before?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: £100 Currys/PC World Gift Card

If a 3rd party offers you a gift to sign up with VM it is normally the 3rd party which delivers said gift, not VM. A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here can double-check into it for you and if that turns out to be the case here, you'll need to contact Curry/PC World customer support to get the gift issued. You'll get a response from a member of the Forum Team in up to three days.

Edit: fixed a typo

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rhammond, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you involved in the Community Smiley Happy

Gift vouchers are usually sent via email once you've been installed for 28 days. After this we sent your details to the company that provide the vouchers and they will be the ones to sent the email. 

All in all the process takes around 42 days. If you are still waiting after this time, let me know and we can chase things for you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rhammond
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the excellent reply. Smiley Happy

Rob.

0 Kudos
rhammond
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again, Now well past the 42 day mark and no news about claiming this reward, could you suggest the best course of action to chase this up?

Thanks Rob.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rhammond,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I'm sorry to hear you've still not yet received your vouchers Smiley Sad

I have filled out an exception form for you and this has now gone over to the Rewards team. They will check your account to confirm eligibility and they'll come back to me. 

Once I hear back from the team, I shall let you know the outcome. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rhammond,

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked into this for you. Smiley Happy

The team have come back to me now and advised that as you signed up in a Currys/PCworld store for a voucher for that store, you would need to go back to them. 

The vouchers we provide weren't on offer the time you joined via those stores. 

Apologies for any inconveniences. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos