Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (97 Views)

10 Weeks no Internet - So disappointed and exhausted

My initial "turn on" date was the 6th March but they needed to do work outside the house to lay cable and this would take an additional 6-8 weeks before I am connected, which is fair enough.

However I am now at Week 10 with absolutely nothing but lies and false promises coming from the virgin team.  Below I will list all of the effort I've put in to STILL get no joy when calling them.  When I've refereed to the "Indian Call centre" it is the first line of people you reach calling the number online I refer to them as such because I am unaware of their department name.

Week 2 - Just to check for my own piece of mind I rang up and got through to an Indian call center who told me the same things I had been told in the voicemail left on the 5th March.

Week 6 - A check up to see if they were still on track.  Indian call center told me that I would hear from pre-install team within 24-48 hours.  This was a Wednesday so for a little lee-way I decided to give them til Monday.

Tuesday Week 7 - No call back so I ring again.  Call center tells me I will get a call from pre-install team within 24-48 hours.  They finally left their script after constant reminding that I had been promised this before and I had no joy and he put me through to pre-install team (India again).  Pre-install told me that they are having issues with contractor I will get a call within 24-48 hours.

Week 8 - No call back within 48 hours for the second time. May I remind you I have had TO PAY for this service so far.  I have spent actual £££ on being lied to by virgin.  Call up again on my money and after much persistent I finally got through to a man in the UK.  Only cost me about £30 to get this far.... brilliant.  He tells me "This is not on, they are taking the micky, service should be a lot better than this".  This man after reviewing my account details put me through to the construction team who told me that the ticket for work had been issued (11th May) and that the contractors have three days to complete work.

Week 9 (4 days later) - I phone up through the Indian call center again, and after paying virgin another 45 minutes worth of cash I finally get through to the person I spoke to in Week 8.  She is confused why work hasn't been completed and says she will contact construction team and call me back within 24 hours.

Week 10 (2 days later) - What a shocking surprise... No phone call back so again I have had to pay my own money to chase virgin up again.  Luckily I had the direct number to the construction team who I gave a ring.  Got through to a different person this time who checked my file and saw that construction have received message but haven't responded.  I've been told I'll get a call, regardless of reply, about the contractors situation.

So as you can see I have been lied to repeatedly which in turn has cost me money because I have had to chase Virgin up myself. 

Why aren't there systems in place that prioritise customers waiting over the 8-week period?
Why aren't there systems in place to give the job to another contractor if the first one fails to do work?
Why wasn't I offered a different solution for the 10-week wait? (ADSL) 

The customer service has been shocking as the UK comes to expect from all internet service providers and no solution has been presented to me.  It is going to take a lot of convincing for me to not to cancel my contract once the work has been undertaken.

Joining in
Message 2 of 4 (83 Views)

Re: 10 Weeks no Internet - So disappointed and exhausted

And I've just realised this is a community forum so I guess all that aside....

What can I do here?  Can I claim compensation? Surely they should offer me something for lying to me for a while and running 2 weeks? (at least its friday today so thats 3 weeks)

I'm stuck and I feel exhausted, unwanted, with no options but to let Virgin take advantage of me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4 (43 Views)

Hi WookMon,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. Smiley Sad

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again.  On top of this there may be issues with Wayleave and of course we then need to refer this to our contractors if need be. 

Checking your account to see what's happened and where the hold up is, it looks as though the person who was leading the works was ill and therefore there was a delay. I can see the works have been scheduled for the 1st June though. 

I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact date on when you'll be installed.  As work progresses we'll be in a better position to give you an update on this. Feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 4 (29 Views)

OK Just an update for posterity sake for anyone else that may be wondering why they are delayed.

So as Kath_F stated the work was scheduled to be undertaken on the 1st June but it wasn't.  Upon calling the construction team line again i was given NO REASON at all for why the work was not undertaken.  I was told that the work will know be carried out at the latest 09/06/2017.

What can I do here?  What do I do when inevitably I call tomorrow after the work hasn't been completed?  This isn't pessimism at this stage.  This is the 4th permit being issued when I have only been given "worker was ill" as an excuse for one of those permits.

Also the past phone call I had with the construction team was the 5th time I was told I would recieve a call back within 24 hours that I have had to initiate after 48 hours because the construction team lied to me.  This is all costing money that I will not see again.