Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
Salmon

phone only rings once

Can anyone please help.

On incoming calls to my landline the phone normally only rings once so if you dont here the one ring you miss the call. Occasionally the phone will ring as intended e.g until answered or the caller rings off. I have tried other handsets and the same problem exsists.

Any solutions greatly welcomed.

salmon

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
DTV_Phone

Re: phone only rings once

Hello Salmon,

Sorry for the fault, it's most likely an issue with the ringer wire. Possibly a loose connection.

I've booked the first available for you, which I'm sorry to say isn't until Monday 19th April, 12-4pm.

If this is inconvenient the available slots are currently Tuesday 20th April to Friday 23rd April, 8-12pm, 12-4pm and 4-7pm or Saturday 24th April, 8-12pm and 12-4pm.

Cheers

Rob Ward

Help and Support Forum Team

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Salmon

Hi Rob, thanks for the quick response.

Will this cost me money or is it part of the wonderful virgin service. If not then what is the likely cost.

Cheers Steve

Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi Salmon,

Our engineer visits are completely free of charge.

The only time a charge would be applied to your account is if an engineer went out and no one was at home then they would charge a £10 no access fee, that's why we ask customers to let us know if they can't make the appointment at last minute for any reason.

Regards

Laura_S

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Salmon

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your response on this matter, i believe that there is an engineer visit booked for monday which i would like to cancel. Hope this is ok

Many Thanks Salmon

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Mark_B

Hi Salmon, thanks for letting us know, this has now been cancelled.

Thanks

Mark

Mark Brooks

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.