Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Making Waves
torcat

crackling phone then no dial tone

Hi, I had my service installed 1 month ago and since then this is the 3rd time that my phone line has gone down. I am really getting sick of this and refuse to keep on using my mobile to report issues to Virgin. The phone was all crackly and then it went dead and now I cannot make or receive calls. This is in the 0208 - TW9 area. According to the website there are no issues in the area. I really think that at this point I should be getting some money back, the internet and TV were also down for over 2 days last week! 

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Scott_C

Re: crackling phone then no dial tone

Hi torcat

I have just had a look into this for you now, I have run some diagnostic checks on the line and the line is showing that it is blocked. It is possible that a piece of equipment connected to the line is causing this, can you confirm you have removed all equipment from the line and tried a replacement handset in the master socket. This needs to be checked before we can arrange a technician visit as the technician will charge a call out fee if a piece of equipment is causing the issue.

Regards

Scott_C
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
torcat

I'll have to borrow a handset off someone as it's the only one....:smileysad: I did see that the green box housing all the phone lines was open on the street and it's been raining, so I wonder if it's to do with that. I have more problems with this phone line in the 4 weeks since having it installed, than any in my life! But thanks at least for running the test. I'll let you know. Thank you. 

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
tracym

[ Edited ]

Scott C - Can someone do the same technical check for me?  My phone number is <removed>.   I am so fed up

with intermittent service. 

Moderator Edit: Personal Information Removed

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Christopher_G

[ Edited ]

Chris Glen

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
torcat

I checked with another phone and no there is still no dial tone.... this is what I thought. Really fed up of this now. In the past 4 weeks since installing Virgin, I have had 7 days without phone and 2 days without broadband and TV and can't keep spending the money calling up the premium 'helpline' from my mobile... maybe if they were quicker to process your calls it mightn't be so bad....

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Christopher_G

Ill send you a PM

Chris Glen

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
torcat

thank you, where will the message come to, I don't use the Virgin media email?

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
torcat

thanks I got it!
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
torcat

Hi, my phone got fixed thank you, however when I did get it back I had 2 messages from Virgin confirming my engineer visit and asking whether I wanted to change them. Now since the fault and the reason for the visit related to my non-functioning landline, obviously I did not get these messages. I would suggest that you notify people via their mobiles (if they have them), email (if they have that), regarding such things instead. 

Thank you

Please use plain text.