Hi,

How do I block withheld number calls?

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
same-probs

Re: block withheld number calls?

Hi Clairco

I've got this on my phone.

This is a service that has to be put on the line from the exchange. Also you have to pay for it. It's about £2-3 a month. 

You have to call 150 and choose one of the 93 thousand options to get to the right department. From memory it's fairly obvious which option to key.

Just a caution about the utility of call blocking  - it blocks everyone whose line can't provide an ID number .

This means that 'good' callers have the devil of a job getting in touch with you if they don't have your email addy.

And from my experience they can be quite snitty when they eventually speak. (Even though you have a very good reason for needing to block anonymous calls!)

Also, it doesn't block 0800 numbers :-(

cheers

SP

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
devgurav

Hi claireco,

If you want to block the with-held numbers coming onto your phone, all you need to do is dial 150 and speak to a Customer Services Advisor to activate a feature we call the Anonymous Caller Rejection[ACR] which blocks all the calls coming from with-held numbers.
It takes around 12 hrs to get it activated onto the phone line.

It is chargeable and quite useful as well.

Regards,

Dev
Faults Team
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions posted here on the forum are my own…

Give a call on 150 from your virgin landline and we're always here to help you..
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
blakey1152

same-probs wrote:

Hi Clairco

I've got this on my phone.

This is a service that has to be put on the line from the exchange. Also you have to pay for it. It's about £2-3 a month. 

You have to call 150 and choose one of the 93 thousand options to get to the right department. From memory it's fairly obvious which option to key.

Just a caution about the utility of call blocking  - it blocks everyone whose line can't provide an ID number .

This means that 'good' callers have the devil of a job getting in touch with you if they don't have your email addy.

And from my experience they can be quite snitty when they eventually speak. (Even though you have a very good reason for needing to block anonymous calls!)

Also, it doesn't block 0800 numbers :-(

cheers

SP

93 thousand options to get to the right department?

You must have got the limited choice menu :smileytongue:

Blakey

Please use plain text.