Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
WBell

Talk to a real person

OK, all I'm trying to do is to actually get to talk to a real live person.

I have no dial tone, my line got snagged last Friday when next doors was being set up.

Engineer been and confirmed this.

Was told I would have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment, but when it was deemed to be the engineers fault then someone was supposed to come today - they haven't.

All I want to do is talk to someone, I rang the number but  just get automated voice, and now I seem to have automatically booked another engineer for tomorrow - I don't know how, all I wanted to do was talk to someone, do real people work at Virgin Media or have the machines taken over? Please help me, totally fed up, have screamed at the kids and it's not their fault, I've got a massive headache now too and still no dial tone.

If anyone can help me speak to a real person then I would be really grateful. :'-(

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
robincushing

Re: Talk to a real person

Hi WBell
I have sent you a private message concerning this issue.
Robin Cushing
Help & Support Forum Team
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
WBell

[ Edited ]

[EDIT: Forum Guidelines: Spare us the details]

OK – so next part of this story goes like this……..

The engineer came at 10.15am on Friday 17th February and by the time he left at 11.30am the line was back as it should be…….great!

……..or so you would think. However as we speak at 2pm Tuesday 21st February I have no dial tone again. Engineer is booked for tomorrow between 12 and 4pm. What on Earth is going on?!?!?!?!?

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
WBell

OK so it's now 4.10pm and no sign of an engineer that was booked for the 12-4 time slot.

So what happens next? Can someone look into this for me please.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
WBell

I have now booked an appointment for Friday 4-7pm any chance someone could look into this and see if someone really can turn up as I have stayed in from 11.15am today and for absolutely nothing - I am seriously not impressed at all!

Please use plain text.
Boffin
Pearce_G

Hi WBell

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry for the inconvenience being experienced. Looking at your account I can see that an appointment had been booked using our selfcare system but this had been cancelled for some reason.

I can confirm that the 2nd appointment you have raised has been assigned to our dispatch team with the appointment scheduled for between 16:00 & 19:00 on Friday 24th Feb.

The reference number assigned to this fault is 10941293.

I hope that the issues being experienced will be resolved once the engineer has arrived.

Regards

Gavin Pearce
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
WBell

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your response.

Why was my appointment cancelled? More importantly - why was I not contacted and informed about it.

It's been such a waste of my time in phone calls, posts, emails, and waiting for VM people to pay a visit especially when they don't even turn up. I've found this whole experience really stressful.

And to top it all, it's all as a result of mistakes made by your company, from snagging my line in the first place, connecting me to the wrong number and cancelling appointments that I have made.

The clearest piece of information that I have received this past week has been that the price is now going up - just to add insult to injury. Great - tell me I have to pay more for a service that I can't even get at the moment!

Can you please make sure that my appointment is not cancelled today.

I will be patiently waiting for them.

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Forum Manager
Aarron_H

Hi Wendy

I can confirm that the tech will be with you at the arranged time today :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Aarron

Aarron H
Help & Support Forum Team Manager

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
WBell

OK so at 6.30pm on Friday the engineer came and fixed the line - for how long I do not know - as apparently it seems that it is the VM engineers themselves that are the culprits for keep knocking my line out. So for now at least, I wouldn't say that I was happy, just that I am connected, have a dial tone and it is currently my phone number. I can only guess that I'll be back at some stage in the future.

Thank you to the Forum Team for their help and if you could pass on one piece of information from me, it would be an absolute 'must' to update the automated phone service to include an option to press a number in order to go straight through and talk to a customer services person about a problem - simple, would have made my exasperatingly frustrating experience just a frustrating experience.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
jamesy79

Please can I get to speak to a real person too? The phone system is utter **bleep** and you have no email address and to top it all off I'm not very computer literate.
Please use plain text.