Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
grinling

Received Calls Log

Is this held anywhere for landlines?

VirginMedia have referred me to BT as they provide the telegraph poles etc but they say this information can only come from the caller's end (or alleged caller).

ta
Les
Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

Re: Received Calls Log

[ Edited ]

I don't think that any operator could justify retaining incoming call information unless it was specifically allowed under Data Protection regulations. Retention of information for outgoing calls is only allowed for billing purposes.

They mean Caller Display, where the caller's number is displayed on your phone, which you have to subscribe too, & Virgin charge for. Even then the caller can block their number from showing.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
grinling

T-Mobile were able to look up incoming calls to our mobiles (we tend to clear our logs) but VirginMedia said they had no records for incoming calls as it is a BT line.

Just seemed odd that in this digital age BT couldn't look up the info passing through their system like T-Mobile could.

ta
Les
Please use plain text.
Superuser
ravenstar68

grinling wrote:

Is this held anywhere for landlines?

VirginMedia have referred me to BT as they provide the telegraph poles etc but they say this information can only come from the caller's end (or alleged caller).

LOL I've seen it all now.  As a former 100 operator for Cable and Wireless we used to refer people who had received nuisance calls back to their individual service providers.  However my understanding was calls that had already gone through the system could not be traced.

I believe BT had a system whereby their subscribers who had logged an incident with the Nuisance calls team could report individual calls as they happened, but outside of this system no log was kept by them either.

Ravenstar68 

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Please use plain text.