Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Brainbox
philt

Re-routing phone cable from outside to the master socket.

I need to change the route of the phone cable to my telephone master socket.

The wiring from outside the property comes into a porch which will soon be demolished and replaced. Inside the porch is the small terminal box.

The cable then enters the house and runs around skirting and door frames until it reaches the master socket – this was done prior to us moving in.

A much cleaner route from outside would be via the garage and into the side of the house and then to the master socket.

Is this a job I am allowed to do myself? 

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Cheryl_L

Re: Re-routing phone cable from outside to the master socket.

Hi philt,

This is not something that we would recommend you do yourself.  If you give our customer care team a call on 150 they will be able to book you a special request order to get this done for you.

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl_L
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
philt

How much is it likely to cost?

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Robert_W

Hi philt,

Assuming it's chargeable, it would likely be £99.

If you did it yourself and then required remedial work to restore service it would again be £99.

I would suggest call customer services to confirm.

Cheers

Robert Ward
Help & Support Forum Team

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.