Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Troubleshooter
Cheryl_L

Re: Phone Dead - No dial tone, incoming calls ring but phone does not ring itself.

Hi joanmason,

I have just had a reply from the technicians department and they are trying to contact you on the mobile we have on account but it is switched off.  Can you please send me a PM with you mobile number so I can pass this on.

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl_L
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
bouquet_1614

Re: Phoneline Dead - No dial tone, incoming calls ring but phone does not ring itself.

HI,

I have a Talk Evening & Weekend (L), package virgin phone line, and I do not get a dial tone almost every weekends. I also tried plugging my phone into the a non-virgin phone line and i do get a dial tone.

But when i change the phone back into virgin line, the phone is dead. I tried plugging different phones and the issue is still the same because i get no dial tone and therefore cannot dial 150 or the 0845 customer service number.

This is my second post in this forum and the issue is still not resolved and i feel like the line rental i m paying seems to be a waste of my money, as i am not being able to use my phone during 3 of the 4 weeks a month average

Please help on this issue.

Hoping for a quick reply

Thank You

Mr Arvind Gandhi

Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Re: Phoneline Dead - No dial tone, incoming calls ring but phone does not ring itself.

Hi bouquet_1614,

I've sent you a Private Message regarding this.

Thanks

Laura_S

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
joanmason

Re: Phone Dead - No dial tone, incoming calls ring but phone does not ring itself.

Hi, phone line is still not working,engineer came out on Saturday after not turning up on Friday only to tell me that he couldn't fix it (he did try his best though) and that he had booked for some one to come out on Monday, it Tuesday now and I am still waiting.

Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi joanmason,

I've sent you a Private Message.

Regards

Laura_S

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
chubbspeterson

i am now having the exact same problem and i am unable to contact as my land line phone wont work.  What will I do?

Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi chubbspeterson,

I've checked and there are no area faults and everything looks OK on the phone exchange.

Can you please confirm if you've tested another handset to rule out an equipment fault, if you've already done this just let me know and I'll arrange an engineer visit.

Regards

Laura_S

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
chubbspeterson

I have tried 2 seperate phones in the socket and neither are working.  The phone line when i pick it up has no dial tone, it rings when someone phones the house phone but it never connects when i answer the phone.

I am unsure when i would be able available for an engineer to come out. 

Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi chubbspeterson,

No problem do you want to check and then let us know when you'll be available and we can then check engineer availability on that day.

Regards

Laura_S

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
chubbspeterson

Hello,

I still do not have access to my phone, I have tried another phone in the socket and all i am getting through the line is static.  Can anyone tell me how to go about getting this fixed and if virgin will reimburse me for the time i have not had access to my phone?

thanks

Please use plain text.