Fresh as a Daisy
Magster

Phone socket not working

Hi

Just wondered if anybody could help. My Virgin phone socket has been faulty and I bought a new one from maplin. I connected it all up and it still does't seem to work. Call me thick if you want but I lost the connecting instructions somehow so looked up online. The diagram showed a socket virtually identical to the one I bought and also the same coloured wires at the wall. It kept making reference to BT standards yet I followed all instructions anyway. It still doesn't work. Can anybody give me any clues please?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Superuser
AMWSmith

Re: Phone socket not working

If you phone socket was not working you should have called the fault in so that VM could have sent a engineer to fix the problem. It may not be the socket at all and it would of been fixed free of charge if the fault was anywhere between the socket and the exchange.

I would not be suprised if when you call in the fault now that you get charged to have it fix due to the fact you have tampered with the socket. Thoguh you mght be lucky and still get it fixed free.

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Robert_W

Hello Magster,

Sorry for the problem, as has been pointed out you should have advised us and we would have sent a technician to sort this for you.

Now it is not guarenteed that you will be charged as it's at the techs discretion depending on what has been done and what is required to rectify the issue.

However, I can't book one until you accept that you may be charged.

Sorry.

Robert Ward
Help & Support Forum Team

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Magster

Hi

I thought that would be the case. Not a problem. If I get charged I get charged. Needs doing really. Its a bit hard to call Virgin without landline though. Never thought it would be hard to fix.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Oracle
jb66

If the fault isn't the master socket you should've fine, but if it is, maybe, get some hobnobs out :smileywink:
*I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
Luisa_B

Hi Magster,

I've booked in a technician for you.

Please see your private messages for further details.

Thanks,

Luisa B

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Please use plain text.