Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Emerging Talent
pittster2012

Phone rings once then cuts off and buzzing on line...?

So we've had buzzing on our line for quite some time now and I thought it was a faulty handset (cordless) but I have bought a new one and it is also doing it.

Over the last couple of weeks I've also noticed that the phone is ringing once then cutting off, its not going through to answer machine and its not registering a missed call. When you call the caller hears it ring once and then it is silent and the phone rings once and then goes back to the normal display.

Again, I've tried two different phones in two different sockets. I'm stumped really on this and just wondered if anyone has any experience of the same issue?

Please use plain text.
Wizard
michaela_w

Re: Phone rings once then cuts off and buzzing on line...?

Hi pittster2012,

I have sent you a private message regarding your fault, please refer to your private messages.

Thanks

Michaela Webster
Help and support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our service status and fault checker.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
pittster2012

This issue has started up again, would really appreciate some help from Virgin. The engineer advised it may reoccur when he visited in July, not sure why it wasn't fixed properly first time round.

Please use plain text.
Boffin
Gareth_R3

Hello pittster2012

I have looked into this and have booked a technician to resolve this.  I have sent you a private message with the details of the appointment time.

Thanks

Gareth R
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.