Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
Tania177

Phone not ringing

I posted about this before Christmas, our phones are not ringing when someone calls in, but if I try ringing myself from my mobile, I pick up the phone and the line is working. The handsets are only a year old. This is a fault that was supposed to have been fixed and now I see from the status update that there are problems again. Do we need an engineer? We haven't been able to receive incoming calls for two weeks now, and we only got the phone line in November. Will we receive some kind of compensation for this loss of service?

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Claire_D

Re: Phone not ringing

Hi

We would always ask you to try another phone in the master socket. Can you please advise

if this has been tried ?

Thanks

Claire

Claire D
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Tania177

Hi Claire,

we don't have another phone so will have to try and get hold of one. The two wireless phones are pretty new and were working fine in our previous house with a BT phone line.

Tania

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Christopher_G

ok let us know how you get on

Chris Glen

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Tania177

Hi,

we've now tried with another phone, one with a cord, and it's still not ringing. Could you arrange for a technician?

Thanks,

Tania

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Brian_J

Hi Tania177,

I have booked you an engineer for Wed 8-12

If you can not make this appointment please let us know.

Thanks

Brian_J

Please use plain text.