Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Clever-clogs
foobazbar

Phone minutes: how many are used/remaining?

How can I quickly and simply find out the remaining "free" minutes remain and the date on which they would be refreshed?

I used to be able to ring 150 and have an automated service tell me. Quick effective and cheap, so it comes as no surprise that VM have stopped doing it :smileysad:

Yes, I know that I can eventually talk to a person on 150 and get the information - but it is expensive in terms of my time.

Yes I know that I ought to be able so see it via the online customer "service" webpages at

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-bills/index, specifically the Mybills>>Overview

but in reality it isn't there.

VM staff swear blind it is there, of course. (Naturally I'm not going to give them my password over the phone so they can see my email etc)

If there is anyway that I can post a screenshot to this forum, then let me know and you too can see it isn't there.

"Here at AT&T we treat every one equally,from kings and queens to the scum of the earth" - an old aphorism that can regrettably be updated by replacing AT&T with VM.
Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: Phone minutes: how many are used/remaining?

[ Edited ]

Remaining minutes for Talk Anywhere should still be available on 150 Option 1

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
foobazbar

BenMcr wrote:

Remaining minutes for Talk Anywhere should still be available on 150 Option 1

They aren't.

Try it and see. Then repost with the results, please

I'm currently on the phone (150), and after 18 mins the operator has said they aren't. She's also said teh info isn't available on the web (cf yesterday)

She said 0845 454111 contained the information and was free. On challenging the "free" she checked, and it isn't free.

"Here at AT&T we treat every one equally,from kings and queens to the scum of the earth" - an old aphorism that can regrettably be updated by replacing AT&T with VM.
Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

foobazbar wrote:

They aren't.

I don't have Talk Anywhere so I can't.

If you definately have Talk Anywhere or another landline plan which has a minutes allocation and it's not showing on the website or on the IVR then it sounds like it's an IT issue that Customer Services should log for investigation

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
foobazbar

BenMcr wrote:

foobazbar wrote:

They aren't.

I don't have Talk Anywhere so I can't.

If you definately have Talk Anywhere or another landline plan which has a minutes allocation and it's not showing on the website or on the IVR then it sounds like it's an IT issue that Customer Services should log for investigation

How do I do that? Talking to VM staff is unproductive.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

[ Edited ]

foobazbar wrote:

If the member of staff you are speaking to isn't offering a resolution, you can ask for the call to be escalated

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
foobazbar

BenMcr wrote:

foobazbar wrote:

If the member of staff you are speaking to isn't offering a resolution, you can ask for the call to be escalated

Just tried that; currently it hasn't succeeded. Phone call is now 47^H^H 49 mins long.

Can you give me the magic words required for escalation? I presume that will involve stating to whom the issue sill be escalated.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

[ Edited ]

foobazbar wrote:  

Can you give me the magic words required for escalation? I presume that will involve stating to whom the issue sill be escalated.

All you should need to do is ask to speak to the manager of the person you are speaking to, and explain to them that you have a plan that has a set number of minutes per month and the minutes aren't showing on either the web or the IVR as they should be.

Just for clarification for anyone else reading the thread if you have Talk Weekends/Talk Evening and Weekends or Talk Unlimited as your phone plan then this don't have a set number of minutes so won't show 'remaining minutes'

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
foobazbar

foobazbar wrote:

BenMcr wrote:

foobazbar wrote:

Just tried that; currently it hasn't succeeded. Phone call is now 47^H^H 49 mins long.

I've just found out that I am charged for this call from my VM landkine to 150: my minutes remaining is now 51 minutes less than when I started the call.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

[ Edited ]

foobazbar wrote:

I've just found out that I am charged for this call from my VM landkine to 150: my minutes remaining is now 51 minutes less than when I started the call.

No they aren't. Minutes within a landline plan take around 24 hours to update from when a call is made and 150 is definately not taken from any minutes for any landline plan

Please use plain text.