Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
BRIANCOYLE
Helpful Answer

Phone line sounds like it is engaged BEEP...BEEP...BEEP when you try to dial HELP...!

I have a fault on my home telephone that has just started to happen. I do not get a dialing tone I just get a constant beeping tone (like an engaged tone).

Does anybody have a solution for this or do I need to get assistance from Virgil.

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Christopher_G

Re: Phone line sounds like it is engaged BEEP...BEEP...BEEP when you try to dial HELP...!

at a guess you have a new voicemail. If your using a cordless phone you will need to press the phone icon to get a dial tone prior to calling out or you may be unable to do so. Dial 1571 to listen to your messages

Chris Glen
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Please use plain text.