Fresh as a Daisy
just8more

Phone line keeps going off, then on !!

[ Edited ]

For the last month my phone keeps going off, no dialling tone, nothing, stays off for a couple of hours then back to normal.  This problem is a daily occurrence.  We have been told that they have been working on the line, but this problem is lasting a long time, I want to phone for an engineer but before I do does any one else have this problem.. Sometime the phone is off as much as it is on.  I live in the Coventry area.

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Amanda_J

Re: Phone line keeps going off, then on !!

Hi just8more,

Apologies for the issues you are experiencing with the landline at present. This indeed is a troubling issue 

I have taken a look at your line and it shows as all ok (at the moment). When we see these sort of faults the cause is usually down to faulty wiring or faulty equipment on the line. 

Can you try another phone (Ensuring it is not another handset that connects to the same base unit) and unplug any devices that you may have connected to any extension sockets within the house. If you still experience a problem from here we can arrange for one of the team to come around to your home.

Hope this helps

Amanda_J
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
just8more

Re: Phone line keeps going off, then on !!

Thank you for your advice, we will try what you suggest

Please use plain text.