Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
Nevsy

Phone line constantly giving out engaged tone on any number dialled

Hi,any advice please?

Have had problems with the line before,Dialling tone is there when I pick up the phone,but every time I dial any  number I constantly get an engaged tone.

Many thanks for any help.

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Re: Phone line constantly giving out engaged tone on any number dialled

Could be a faulty extension, you can take the two screws out your master socket and try your phone in behind the panel
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi Nevsy,

I've checked and we've got an area fault flagging in your area at the moment.

The fault reference is: 1641879.

This fault was picked up at 19:07 this evening is this when your fault started?

Regards

Laura_S
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Nevsy

Cheers laura,did check updates and said no problem in this area before I posted.

No it started earlier than that-I havent been able to call out since 15.00.

Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi Nevsy,

I'd say it's most likely related to the area fault. We have to wait for so many reports to come in before it flags on our system as an area problem. If you still have a fault after the area issue is cleared then we'd carry out further diagnostics.

Regards

Laura_S

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Jowsey01

Am suffering same problem with my Virgin Media landline. Constantly rings engaged when trying to make calls & no one can ring me either. This became apparent yesterday evening (19th) and still no usable phone service.

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Robert_W

Hi Jowsey01,

Sorry the problem is not resolved yet, it is still flagging on your account that the area fault is still there.

I'm unable to give you an estimate of when it's expected to be fixed at this time.

Sorry

Robert Ward

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
quayside

We've got this problem, any news on a estimate for a fix? Had no phone line since yesterday at 3pm.

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Robert_W

Hi quayside,

Due to system problems here, we can't access certain systems that would give that kind of information.

Sorry

Robert Ward

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Nevsy

Seems to have been fixed in my EX area in last hour or so.

Please use plain text.