Making Waves
VoxT3R

Phone Line is crackling with no dial tone. Please fix asap!

Hi

I came home from vacation on the 1st September 2011 to find my phone line had no dial tone... all i can hear is a crackling noise.

It has now been a week and the problem is still there. My postcode is BL2 5HB and house number is 8.

Your website says to ring help and support, but with the problem being the actual phone, thats a little difficult! Im not prepared to use my mobile as an 0845 number combined with huge and lengthy wait times will cost a fortune!

Please could a member of virgin report this for me and sort it out asap.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Brian_J

Re: Phone Line is crackling with no dial tone. Please fix asap!

Hi VoxT3R

I have checked the line and no fault was found, the following checks may help resolve the issue.

* Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly.
* Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets examples of this could include other phones, fax and answering machines, sky boxes, One Tel boxes
* Check another phone directly into the main socket

If this fails to resolve the issue, please advise.

Thanks

Brian_J
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
VoxT3R

Hi Brian.

Thanks for your reply.

I have done all the above on several occasions, but the outcome is still the same issue.

There is no dial tone.... all I can hear is a crackling noise. Dialing numbers does not work.

Please can you arrange a technician to sort this out. Or would you be able to instruct someone to ring my mobile that can arrange this?

Please advise me on what to do.

Thanks again in advance.

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Jamie_D

Hi VoxT3R

Thanks for the info.

Please see your Private Message inbox for my reply.

Regards

Please use plain text.