Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
amandag

PHONE PROBLEMS!

Ok!!

I understand that alot of people are having problems with there home phones, and all the problems seem to be the same!! I have looked and realised that this is all over the country and not in a specific area

So no need to ask if the problem im having is common with virgin!

What i do want to find out is if the outcome is also common, ( as in is the result always the same!)

By the looks of it it is always a lose connection in the exchange, fair enough this does happen (maybes not as often as this normaly but it does happen) But is it really a problem that should result in well over a week without service!!???

If people have had this problem (No dial tone on your home phone, and an engaged tone when people try to ring in) could you please let me know what the outcome was, what they said it was in the end and what needed to be done to solve the problem, and also how long you were without service

Hopefully we can eventualy get something sorted instead of just been chucked around from one call centre reject to the other,

oh i forgot to say after waiting over a month to get my phoneline turned on (not installed it was already there!!!) ive been with virgin since last month!! my service has been out now for 4 to 5 days, work that out over a year, its not looking good for me lol

Sorry for the long post but this has really pi**ed me off, needless to say im no good at txtn

cheers!!!:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
ianjayne

Re: PHONE PROBLEMS!

[ Edited ]

A year last January I had a 2nd line put in.  Over the next 9 months it was sheer hell. I took 106 calls for another person (who embarrassingly I did know!). God knows now many calls I missed. I was told all lines are out of circ for at least 6 months before re-issue.  Now, this phone was subscribed to by someone else whose bank, building society, wife's doctor and even son called me.  Not to mention numerous calls from debt collection/ advisory agencies who refused to believe I was not the person they were seeking.  I had it taken out.  I learned (from an engineer) this line had NEVER been withdrawn and remained this persons all the time.  He had not missed it because he had moved into a caravan.  Where does this leave VM with regard to DPA?  Yes all my bills were refunded, AND during this time even my original line faulted if the other was not enough of a problem.  However since removal obliviously I have had no issues with it nor has my original line faulted since, due then I was told by a cable being disconnected in the dist box.  The other fault if that is what one can call it, was, I had been connected in error to that other persons line. That erroneous line still rings out and always has since it was removed. 

I have covered this in past threads but never had anyone from VM return to me about this.  I wonder why?

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
dollie

Re: PHONE PROBLEMS!

i have had  a problem with my phone since sunday...it is an intermittent fault and is driving me nuts...every time i phoned virgin from my neighbours phone i was told there is a fault in my area and its being dealt with...i phoned again yesterday morning as it was still playing up and it was arranged for an engineer to call out...yesterday afternoon i had a call from virgin and was told the fault had been rectified and the engineer had been cancelled....15 mins later i went to use my phone and it wasnt working so round again to my neighbours to phone virgin and an engineer was booked for this afternoon...he turned up and said he had found the fault it was in a box round the corner and its been repaired and he then checked my phone line and said it was ok....about 30mins after he left i went to use my phone and again its not working!!!!! so back round neighbours... i called virgin and told them i have had enough and they said they would get back onto the engineer and get him to call back out and if i dont hear anything  within two hours (theres 30mins left) im to phone virgin back up and they will chase it up...i have been with virgin (ntl) for years and the service now is **bleep**...i am seriously contemplating going back to bt ...

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
dollie

Re: PHONE PROBLEMS! update

i have just phoned virgin as i hadnt heard from the engineer and was told that no one will be calling out today and they have to rebook another appointment....i now have to wait till friday afternoon for an engineer to call to repair the fault which they said had been repaired earlier today...i have just emailed a complaint form to virgin telling them their service is appalling as i am a pensioner i live alone and i need a phone!!!!

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
ianjayne

[ Edited ]

Dollie. You don't need a phone  - like that!  Appalling.

This sounds like the usual problem, inferior connections in the box.  They are in an apalling state through lack of investement and attention.  Damp and corrosion is wreaking havoc.  Not my words, a VM engineers to myself.

My advice, get a mobile.  Far more reliable so long as it's not a Virgin one of course.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
dollie

the guy turned up from virgin media today and said the fault was with the main box he will go and sort it..about 10mins later he phoned me and said he had fixed the problem....and i said thats what the other guy said on wednesday..he then went onto say that it looked like nothing had been done to the box!!! to rectify my fault on the line...at least now my phone line is working i now await a reply from virgin re my complaint for the appalling service..

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
ianjayne

Don't hold your breath.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
dollie

well its a good job i didnt hold my breath as i would be dead by now!!! i phoned virginmedia this morning as i hadnt had a reply to my complaint re my loss of telephone usage....and was told that they would refund me £5 off my next bill...i said thats not acceptable as i had to keep going round to use my neighbours phone...she then said she would increase it to £10....a good result but really **bleep** service from virgin...i see the prices are going up in april to...mmmmm wonder if we will get a better service ....hahahaha!!!!!

Please use plain text.