Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
swill61

PHONE LINE CRACKLING NOISE

Tried to contact virgin media by mobile phone but as usual its impoosible automated answer phone said to phone phone back later as they are having technical difficulties.

My phone line has gone down been cracking noise in backround for a few weeks, now line is just really loud crackling noise and cant get dialling tone. Tha strange thing is the phone is ringing if people call  but when answering just hear crackle.

getting fed up of virgin media service now perhaps its time to give bt and sky a go !!

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Oneil

Re: PHONE LINE CRACKLING NOISE

mines started to do that also- but when i pick up i can very faintly hear other people having conversations- I on the other hand can not make any calls.

My broadband also has gone up the creek and im getting less than 0.5mb connection where im usually on a solid 10mb

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
rhonda692

yes here here mine has also been the same for the last three weeks now.An engineer came out ,unplugged an old connection and said that was the problem. I knew it wasn't and sure enough it has continued..

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Ahmet

I have the same problem and cannot use my telephone at present for any outgoing and incoming calls. Same problem occurred just before Christmas and an engineer came and corrected The issue. It re-occurred now and when I called The customer service, I was put through to 3 different people who all asked same questions and did some checks. The last person who seemed to be in an Indian call centre decided that they need to send an engineer out again. I now have an appointment that is a week away. That means a week without telephone. This is really bad service especially when Virgin knows that my telephone line is used for my security alarm and my wife relies on house telephone for her work.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Tyxerakias

Our phone line has been crackling so badly that is virtually unusable, since we installed the line in September. I called many many times, and five engineers tried to fix it, each one ending up with a different diagnosis, and about 2 weeks apart one from the other, including one who lied about contacting his bosses and had us waiting for an extra 2 weeks. (This is making a very long story short).

It was finally agreed that the culprit is the line from the exchange box to the house, and that they had to contact the council for permission to work on the pavement. That would take another month. Of course a month later nothing happened, and when I called they didn't even know about the problem.

I had received a refund for the first month after numerous calls, so I asked for one for the 2nd month too. The guy in charge of my case (yes, by then I had one) said that he had arranged for the engineers to come on a certain date, and I would get my refund after the problem was resolved on that date, which was at the beginning of December.

On the day in question, I took the morning off work yet again, and when the engineers finally came, they explained to me that they couldn't do anything because the "other" team, who were supposed to have dug up the road and have a cable waiting for them sticking out of the pavement (they showed me the little square where the magic cable should be), hadn't done a thing, so they had to leave. And they thanked me for being so understanding when I laughed instead of crying.

I called my good friend at customer support, who was "appalled", and promised he would chase it up (again). At that point, I asked him if we could forget about the phone all together, since we've been living without it for so long, and we have found other ways to communicate (skype, mobiles, etc.), and obviously no one is willing to fix it. I proposed they just cut the phone from the deal, which also includes broadband and tv.

He answered that since I have a bundle it's impossible, but suggested that I could move to a TV+broadband only deal, which was about £10 more expensive, but I would be getting more channels! I explained that if I wanted more channels I would have ordered more channels to begin with, and asked for yet another refund, which I finally got.

Now Virgin has credited my account for 6 more months, (2 of them have gone already), with the promise that they will do the job, and have my phone working as soon as possible, maybe before the new year. (that phone call was before xmas, and tomorrow is February, and of course nothing has been done). I am just waiting for the rest of the time to pass, so that I can ask for yet another refund, as I have given up on ever getting a working phone line from Virgin.

So good luck to all of you... at least the rest of the services are working more or less ok for me for now...with intermittent issues. Anyway, Virgin has lost me as a future customer when I move from this house, and that goes for all my friends and coworkers.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
neilup

Our phone started crackling about a week ago.  Today it became so bad that it' very difficult to hear callers and they are also being cut off.  We have changed the unit and switched the phone off at the mains several times to ensure the fault doesn't lie elsewhere.  Although this has happened several times since we had Virgin Media installed last November, we have just been informed that an engineer will not call until Wednesday.

My partner's father is currently in hospital in Carmarthen (we're in Bristol) with pneumonia and a landline is essential to enable his mother to keep us updated.

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Brian_J

Hi neilup,

I will access your account details and keep checking on this for you throughout the day for anymore availability for are engineers in your area or any cancellations.

Thanks

Brian_J
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
neilup

Hello Brian J

Thank you for your response. 

Neil has to go to Carmarthen on Wednesday to see his dad in hospital.  He can be at home first thing, but not for long.  Is it possible to arrange a first call of the day for us, so Neil can get on the road as early as possible?  Also, every time an engineer has called so far, it turns out to be a two man job as they need to take the manhole cover off.  Would you be able to book two men for this call therefore? 

With Neil's dad so seriously ill in hospital, this is the worst possible time for us to lose our landline and we'd be very grateful for some extra assistance to get the problem resolved quickly this time.  Neil's mobile number is 07786 719319 - he'd be grateful for a call to update him as he won't have time to check this website tomorrow.  Thank you. 

I'm afraid that we are rapidly losing faith in Virgin Media, as are a number of our friends, family and work colleagues who are all commenting that this seems to have happened a lot since we transferred to VM.  Your reputation is declining rapidly I'm afraid!

Denise (Neil's partner)

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Christopher_G

Hi Denise,

We cant commit to a timeslot within a timeslot im afraid but would be happy to reschedule to a more suitable time and date if required.

Apologies

Chris

Chris Glen
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Please use plain text.