Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Crafty
priorslee

Operator connected call

I've just been checking my latest bill and there's a 2 minute call listed as 'operator connected' at a cost of 74p (+ vat).

The number is an 08456 code and I've checked it out to find it's the number for the local Tesco store.  I can recall making the call, but I'm absolutley certain I dialled the geographical number, not the 08456 one.

I tried calling VM to query it but they are 'having technical issues at the moment' so were unable to help (as the automated response told me - great customer service, as ever!)

Has anyone else come across this sort of call?

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
AMD87

Re: Operator connected call

You could be dialing a local number which is then transfering you to the 0845 number.
Please use plain text.
NJB
Making Waves
NJB

I too have 2 Operator Connected calls, one for .83p and the other for £3.32..I tried to phone Tesco's with both! One came up as a 08456 no and the other as a 01903 no BUT I only called the 01903 no's. which should have been in my inclusive minutes!!

Don't know if Virgins at fault or if they're in it with Tesco..either way I'm not at all happy and want a refund.

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Christopher_G

Hi, this is not something we can help with via the forums, please call customer services on 150 who will be happy to help.Sorry

Chris Glen
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
chatz

Why not it's a big problem that affect Virgin media customers!!

Please use plain text.