Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
terrordoll

No-one can hear me when I phone out

When I call out on my landline I can hear the person at the other end but they can't hear me. However when the call is incoming there is no problem. 

I have 4 handsets and this is happening with them all so I don't think it will be a problem with the actual phone.

I was going to contact Virgin Media by email about this but the contact information on the website only gives a telephone number and as they wont hear me there is no point in calling!

Any help would be much appreciated

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
Andrew_H

Re: No-one can hear me when I phone out

Hi terrordoll,
Sorry to read you've been having problems with your phonecalls.

I've run a check at your local exchange & can't seem to find any problems, however the issue you're having sounds like a physical fault which we'd need an engineer to come over to check for you.

You need to make sure that no extension sockets are causing the problem. The 4 handsets you have, are they all plugged upto the same phone socket, or are they plugged into different extension phone sockets in different rooms?

If you have more than one socket at home, please could you unplug all the phone sockets in the house & plug up an alternative phone from a different room into the main socket downstairs (it's the first socket that comes into the property which would usually be downstairs in the hallway or near the front door).

If you have a set of 4 handsets all running off the same phone socket, we would advise to swap the set out for a different one (from possibly from a friend or a neighbour) or take your phone over to a friends house & make a few calls there to test the phone.

If you're still having problems after this please let us know & we'll organise a technician to come & check your phone wiring.

Hope This Helps

Andrew_H
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
terrordoll

Re: No-one can hear me when I phone out

Hi Andrew, thanks for your reply. The 4 handsets all run off the one socket. I will borrow another phone to test and let you know.

Please use plain text.