Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
ClaireWales

No line on my new landline

I got my new landline last Saturday and it worked fine until today when I woke up and found that it says "No line" on the phone and there is no dial tone. I tried resetting the phone and telephone line but it keeps saying the same thing. I really need to use my landline and this is very inconvenient. Can anything be done about this asap?

Claire

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
claret11

Re: No line on my new landline

exactly the same happened here. Phone worked ok since last Sat (problems with broadband all week) now dead.  The online help says phone 150 from your virgin land line ..erm not very helpful

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Cheryl_L

Hi ClaireWales,

I have checked the line and no fault was found, the following checks may help resolve the issue.

* Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly.
* Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets examples of this could include other phones, fax and answering machines, sky boxes, One Tel boxes
* Check another phone directly into the main socket

If this fails to resolve the issue, please advise.

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl_L
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
claret11

can you check mine too please. 

Handset is definitely plugged in OK.  Is only phone line (engineers connected phone to old BT line) as cable to TV and broadband is completely separate

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Cheryl_L

Hi claret11,

I have also checked your line and all looks OK from here, can you also confirm you have followed the same checks as above.

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl_L

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
claret11

As in my post above:

Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly. - I have done this
* Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets examples of this could include other phones, fax and answering machines, sky boxes, One Tel boxes - there is nothing else connected to the phone socket
* Check another phone directly into the main socket - I do not have another handset

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
ClaireWales

None of this has helped and it still says, "no line". What can I do now to resolve this?

Claire

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Cheryl_L

Hi claret11,

Please refer to the private message I will send you in a moment.

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl_L

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Cheryl_L

Hi ClaireWales,

Please refer to the private message I will send you in a moment.

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl_L

Please use plain text.