Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Iron_Tsar

No dial tone, "contact us" doesnt work and my number might not even be mine!

The phone has been dead for at least 4 days, no dial tone and all you get is a sound like the line is in use but with nobody talking.

The automated phone message where you put in your phone number says that issues in the NN8 post code are being looked into ... that's great but my house is in NN1!!!

When I first got this line there was some confusion over whether or not this was my number as Virgin were ringing me and asking for somebody else at a completely different address. 

Any insight into whats going on would be appreciated! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Christopher_G

Re: No dial tone, "contact us" doesnt work and my number might not even be mine!

Pm me your account details please ill have a look at this for you.

Chris

Chris Glen
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Iron_Tsar

Re: No dial tone, "contact us" doesnt work and my number might not even be mine!

Chris did you get the PM with my details? 

Regards

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Robert_W

Hello Iron_Tsar,

Sorry for the fault, I have located your details and I can see no issue in your area at the moment.

When you say Virgin called you and asked for someone else, did you confirm the number they were dialling, and was it yours?

If not then it could be a crossed line, which would need a technician.

As such I have booked the first available slot which is 12-4pm, Monday 7th. Sorry for the delay.

If this is inconvenient we also have 8-12pm, 12-4pm and 4-7pm, Tuesday to Friday, and the first two slots on the following Saturday.

Robert Ward
Help & Support Forum Team

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Iron_Tsar

The initial crossover has been resolved, the technician was punctual. Thanks for sorting this quickly. 

Please use plain text.