Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
NoraZainudin

No dial tone on landline phone

Hi there,

My landline phone stopped working since 2 days ago, i tried calling from my mobile, heard ringing tone (and obviously couldn't hear any ringing from my cordless phone cos i knew it stopped working) but i never heard the anwering machine even after 5 mins of ringing so i thought it must have been faulty in the connection. I've checked my phone answering machine and internal handset reception and both worked fine. I changed the cable twice to rule out cable faulty, and still there is no ringing/dial tone. 

I dont use my landline as much but i am waiting for a phone call from my children's tutor as they are on a long waiting list to join this tuition and i am due to receive the call around this time after xmas, so please can somebody help me out here.

Regards,

Nora 

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Darren_E

Re: No dial tone on landline phone

NoraZainudin,

Apologies for distruption to your Telephone service.

I have checked your line and no fault was found.The following checks may resolve your issue:-

Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets examples of this could include other phones, fax and answering machines, sky boxes, One Tel boxes and retest.

Check another phone directly into the main socket
I

f the fault is ongoing please advise.

Cheers

Darren E
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
NoraZainudin

[ Edited ]

HI

we have used different phones (in fact newer one which cost us 30 pounds) and even the new phone has no dial tone at all. we think it's the phone box connection problem and my husband feels there's a need for an engineer to come and have a look.

PLease help us reslove this issue ASAP as we are expecting important calls.

Nora

phone no {personal information removed}

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Ray_P

Hi Nora,

I'll send you a private message to arrange a technician visit.

Kind Regards

Ray_P
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.