Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Ferrograph

Multi Talk 1000 - What is covered?

Hi I have this on my account. Im sure when this was offered to me I was told it covers pretty much any call, uk mobile, mobiles abroad, 0870, 0845, 0844 etc.

But I ve just been looking at my bill and Ive been charged for calls to 0844 numbers.

Can someone confirm exacty whats covered on this tarrif?

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: Multi Talk 1000 - What is covered?

From the Phone Review Calls Costs PDF at www.virgimedia.com/callcosts

1000 inclusive minutes (shared across 0845, mobile and Top 30 International destinations), standard charges to mobile numbers thereafter

That is in addition to the calls covered by Talk Unlimited which is all landlines, 0870 and Virgin Mobiles

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
nasirsaeed

I have Multitalk 100 Option and I understand it covers UK Landline unlimited starting from 01, 02, 03 numbers (hanging up very 59 minutes) and it also includes all calls to UK mobile numbers starting from 07 and also calls to 0845 , 0870 numbers. Does this also includes UK mobile numbers starting from 079????

can some one confirm this please ASAP and also confirm what I have writteb above is correct?????

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

nasirsaeed wrote:

I have Multitalk 100 Option and I understand it covers UK Landline unlimited starting from 01, 02, 03 numbers (hanging up very 59 minutes) and it also includes all calls to UK mobile numbers starting from 07 and also calls to 0845 , 0870 numbers. Does this also includes UK mobile numbers starting from 079????

can some one confirm this please ASAP and also confirm what I have writteb above is correct?????

In the Call Costs sheets there doesn't seem to be a Multitalk 100 - closest is Multitalk 150 which covers:

150 inclusive minutes (shared across 0845/0870, mobile and Top 30 International destinations), standard charges to mobile numbers thereafter.

So that doesn't cover landline numbers starting 01/02 or 03, but will cover mobile numbers starting 07 (although not all numbers starting 07 are mobile numbers)

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
budgiebirds

I joined the Multi-Talk 1000 on the 11th september when i specifically asked a virgin media representative whether you had a package that including all numbers beginning with 08 and i was told that you did so i agreed to go on the multi-talk 1000 which also included mobile numbers for £4 per month. 

I have just been speaking to your billing section because we have just been charged for 0844 and 0871 numbers. I was told the multi-talk 1000 did not include these numbers. I have been given a credit to cover the cost of these calls for this month which is all well and good, but does this mean i was blatantly lied to in order to sign-up and as i say, i rang up specifically to see if you had a package with all numbers beginning with 08.

Ive have been on many different forums and seen that this is not the first time this has happened to someone including the creator of this thread. 

Many Thanks

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
lowephi

I too have been lied to by the Customer Retention team. Told them I was leaving because of increased charges. Told I could have Multitalk option for £30.00 per month. No contract sent out by them for me to see and sign. 1st bill shows charges for 0844 numbers. I was definately told that ALL 08 numbers were included. I double checked this with the lady and this was confirmed at the time. They clearly say anything to keep you as a customer. If my 12 month so-called contract does not give me all 08 numbers included I will definately leave Virgin. I only carried on with them because of this "offer" of inclusive 08 numbers. Shame on Virgin!!!
Please use plain text.