Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
stmatt

Landline not working - how to report fault

My landline is not working. We have no dial tone and are not receiving calls. Any idea how I report his fault?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: Landline not working - how to report fault

[ Edited ]

You can run diagnostics on your landline, and if a fault is identified you can book an engineer at www.virginmedia.com/servicestatus

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
stmatt

I've tried this page but it is showing as not available at this present time.

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Jamie_D

Hi stmatt

Apologies for the fault.

I have checked your local telephone exchange and cannot find any fault.

There aren't any Network faults at present also.

Can you confirm that you have tested another handset?

Also, removed any other equipment you may have plugged into the line, including adaptors, and retested?

Regards

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Ricandy

Landline not working - how to report fault

virgin media instaled the tivo box & wireless modem on thurday the tech team reported that they were unable to install a "cable phone" and phone line and quote "Someone will come the following day to install it"

however this has not occured and we are still waiting for a phone line ot be installed

as a new customer to virgin media & having phoned tech support with no response.  Iam requesting that until such a time that the phone line has been installed then I do not expect to be billed for this service as I do nto have access to this service!

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Claire_D

Hi Ricandy,

I have emailed this to the escalations team for them to chase up the TM for the area. I will post back as soon as I get a reply.

Thanks
Claire

Claire D
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
stmatt

We've now tried another handset and there is still no dial tone. There is nothing else attached.

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Claire_D

Hi stmatt

Could you please pm me your address and i will arrange a visit for you to get this resolved.

thanks
Claire

Claire D

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Ricandy

still not working no one has come to fix this problem!

despite lead to belive that it would be installled yesteday

not happy!!!

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Cheryl_L

Hi Ricandy,

Claire has escalated this for you and as soon as we receive a response we will let you know.

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl_L

Please use plain text.