Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
DaveBowles
Helpful Answer

Intermittent (broken) dial tone but no new messages

Since returing from holiday, my phone has developed an intermittent dial tone.

I had not activated voicemail, however, upon dialing 1571, I had 2 messages waiting.

After listening to these messages I cancelled them.

My problem now is that I have a permanent (last 2 weeks) internittent dial tone.

Dialing 1571 says I have no new messages.

Can the normal dial tone be re-set to continuous for me please? Thanks

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
Jenny_McI

Re: Intermittent (broken) dial tone but no new messages

Hi DaveBowles

Have resolved this for you. Could you please pick your handset up, you should now have a continuous dial tone til you receive a message.

Many thnaks

Jenny Mc

Help & support forum team

Many thanks

Jenny Mc
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
asegolf

I too have this problem, I have a telephone that monitors the dial tone to tell me if there is a message, is there anyway we can set the tone to the normal BT style tone?

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
Terry_D

Hi asegolf

I have just checked your exchange for you and what you have is a feature tone which all Midlands platforms carry. If you are left a voicemail, the tone speeds up. Unfortunately the only way you could have a standard tone in your region is to remove the features i.e voicemail from your line.

Thanks

terry

Terry

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

-------

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
asegolf

Terry,

Cheers for the quick response, sadly though would defeat the object, never mind thanks anyway.

Andy.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
AviRah

Ive just signed up with virgin, and i have this same problem, its rather annoying because im not use to having a broken dail tone.... please can you sort this out for me?

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Darren_E

AviRah,

Please can you send me a PM with Address and postcode so I can look into this for you.

Cheers

Darren E

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Andypip

Hello

I live in the North West and was wondering if you can have a continuous dial tone when there are no messages and then an intermittent tone when there is a message - rather than an intermittent and then a faster intermittent tone.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Mark_B

Hi Andy, we are unable to amend this in the North West and Midlands regions.

Cheers

Mark Brooks

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
cdckey

For the past week I've had the same problem? What fixed it for you guys? I can't call out either, after i dial in 5 or 6 digits the phone cuts dead?

Please use plain text.