Check your service statusCable National
Ask a Question
Making Waves
aisling_86

Incoming calls - phone rings once, then goes silent.

On testing our phoneline, we have used 2 different phones, changed the cables and the problem is still persisting. When we recieve incoming calls, the dail tone (for the caller) can be heard once, then the dial tone stops and the only sound is a crackling noise.  For the reciever the phone rings once and then goes silent.  The phoneline isnt cut off however, as long as the caller stays on the line I can still answer the phone and still being charged.

An engineer was arranged, however he didnt not come to my property, instead he called from where he was testing the line. At the time the phone was ringing fine, however about an hour later it was back to its old tricks.  On the plus side, the crackling noise has improved and quality is better.

Could the fault be at my property?

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Darren_E

Re: Incoming calls - phone rings once, then goes silent.

aisling_86

Apologies phone fault is ongoing, It is possible fault is within the property and the socket needs checking.

Please can you PM me with your full address and postcode so I can look into this further for you.

Cheers

Darren E
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
aisling_86

Hi Darren,

A colleague of yours has just emailed me so hopefully she can get an engineer booked for me,

Thanks,

Aisling

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
ash789

We have this exact same issue: rings once, crackly line, etc. Is it the phone line or the phone??

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Christopher_G

ash, could be either one, best bet is to test another phone and see if this resolves the issue for you

Chris Glen
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Please use plain text.