Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Boffin
digiflip

I thought Caller Id is free on Virginmedia now?

yet i dont have any numbers on my phones call log since virgin phone line installed.

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Re: I thought Caller Id is free on Virginmedia now?

Costs £2
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
Boffin
digiflip

well have read that virginmedias caller id doesnt allways work on certain types of phones, not sure what 2£ for i use to pay £5.99 line rental with free voicemail and free caller id

Please use plain text.
Boffin
digiflip

found this if any1 is thinking of caller display

BenMcr77 

BenMcr77 Forum Member Join Date: Feb 2006 Location: Manchester Services: V+HD, XL TV, XXL Broadband Posts: 5,309 Caller Display is available in all cable areas apart from: BU1 Bournemouth BN1 Brighton1 BO1 Bromley DB1 Derby HS1 Hersham PT1 Portsmouth1 PT2 Portsmouth2

Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi,

Just to comment further on digiflips last post - Our engineers are working on upgrading the areas that currently don't have Caller Display facility this will hopefully be completed by July/August this year.

Regards

Laura_S
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
Padawan
sixpence

Our engineers are working on upgrading the areas that currently don't have Caller Display facility this will hopefully be completed by July/August this year.

Regards

Laura
Help & Support Forum Team

Laura,

With respect, I think that's a hasty and rather irresponsible post and would like to suggest that you withdraw it please.

My area, for example, Brighton and Hove, does not have exchange equipment that supports Caller Display and there are definitely no plans this year to rectify that situation. I base my knowledge on conversations with engineers who are seconded to this area from other areas and from what they are told by their managers on their induction courses.

I believe there are many areas in the same situation: i.e. no firm plans.

It's a very lame state of affairs and Virgin continue to refuse to make any reference in their advertising that many areas are without basic telephone features like Caller Display. Because it's a corporate embarassment.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

sixpence wrote:

My area, for example, Brighton and Hove, does not have exchange equipment that supports Caller Display and there are definitely no plans this year to rectify that situation. I base my knowledge on conversations with engineers who are seconded to this area from other areas and from what they are told by their managers on their induction courses.

That is not correct. There are only five areas left to be upgraded and they will be done this year

Already Virgin have enabled Derby and one area in Portsmouth since the upgrade of the remaining switches started

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Padawan
sixpence

I suggest you check before making statements on behalf of the company that relate to exchange upgrades.

Plese speak to the engineering projects department for the Brighton and Hove area and ask them for a date for the upgrade your refer to, then come back to this forum and tell us all what that date is. Please also tell us who you spoke to and their authority level.

Brighton and Hove is in a resourcing mess when it comes to engineers. We have engineers being seconded from all other areas of the country. Customer waiting times are unacceptable, as is the quantity of errors in engineering works (my phone line has been down for two separate one week periods since January because of careless errors by engineers).

It appears that the real likelihood of an exchange upgrade happening this year is zilch.

Please use plain text.
Andy

Hi all

To save further duplication of of information I am going to lock this thread.  Please direct all further disucssion on this matter to the following thread.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Telephone/Caller-display/td-p/413747

Regards

Andy

Andy
Moderation Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.