Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
DD13

How do I get an itemised bill?

I've just got my first bill, and it doesn't itemise calls below 50p (or your selected itemisation limit).  I did not set a limit, and want to see all calls itemised.  Is this possible.  Can I set my own itemisation limit?  I would call customer service, but my experience thus far is that they rarely properly understand the problem, and just make up answers!  I am concerned as it appears my non-itemised calls lasted exactly 3 minutes, and the itemised call lasted exactly 7 minutes.  I may be a cynic, but this seems a bit unlikely, and would therefore like to be able to check my calls.

Thanks,

DD13.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: How do I get an itemised bill?

[ Edited ]

If you want an Fully Itemised Bill for future bills you can request this through Customer Services. It's free

If you want an Itemised copy of the bill you've already been sent, there is a admin fee of £2. Again this can be arranged through Customer Services

Remember all calls are rounded up to the nearest minute which is why they always show as exact minutes

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
DD13

Thanks Ben.  I'll try customer service.  Shame it's not provided automatically.  I wasn't aware that calls were rounded up to the nearest minute.  That's shameful!

DD13.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
redlozzer

Remember all calls are rounded up to the nearest minute which is why they always show as exact minutes

If the call lasts 10 minutes and one second what do you get charged for?

Redlozzer

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

[ Edited ]

redlozzer wrote:

If the call lasts 10 minutes and one second what do you get charged for?

Redlozzer

Sorry I used the wrong word which probably didn't help make it clear. I should have said next rather than nearest. I think you would be charged for 11 minutes.

This is explained within the Residential Tariff Guide which sets out all Telephone costs. This can be found here www.virginmedia.com/callcosts and is linked to throughout the Sales website and the Help and Support pages for Telephone services.

Call durations are accurate to plus or minus 1.1 seconds and rounded up to the next minute.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
dgcarter

It's still a rip off whether it's in the guide or not.

Please use plain text.