Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Making Waves
Smile_Nb_Happy

How do I collect a saved sms message on landline

Hi all, I received an sms message earlier this evening, missed the first bit (as washing hair at that time) but when it said 'Replace the receiver to save this message' I did. How do I listen to it now, my phone is a basic phone & buttons job with no display panel - I have already called 151 and they said to call 0845 602 1111 but that said (something like) 'Nothing saved'. Do I have any other options to access this message. Also, why doesn't the VM web site have even basic information on how to access these messages - this must happen to other people who have phones. Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: How do I collect a saved sms message on landline

[ Edited ]

There are two numbers, one for the BT run text store and one for the T-Mobile run text store

How do I pick up messages?

• If you receive text messages they will be sent to your text compatible phone for you to pick up and save if required.
  • If you receive spoken text messages and have an answering machine or voicemail service, then the Voice Text will be recorded as a normal message.
  • Or, just dial the Text Store on 0845 602 1111 or 07953 966 066 from the phone that received the message and follow the instructions. Remember text messages are only saved for 24 hours from the time the message was sent.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Smile_Nb_Happy

Ben, could you possibly tell me how much it will cost me to call the 07953 966 066 number from my VM landline - many thanks.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

I would expect it to cost the same as calling a standard T-Mobile phone

Which according to the tariff guide at www.virginmedia.com/callcosts is:

19.35 ppm daytime

14.25 ppm evening

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.