Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
CosmicCat
Helpful Answer

Enable Caller Display

Recently switched from Sky to Virgin Media.

All working fine except no caller ID on the phone.

Expected an option in My Virgin Media but no joy there.

Had a look through the telephone help and found numerous references to caller display but no mention how to actually enable it.

Driving me bonkers that I can no longer see who's calling.

Anyone know how to switch this on please?

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
dozer167

Re: Enable Caller Display

CosmicCat,

A quick call to customer services "FREE" on 150 (Monday 08:00hrs) from your Virgin landline, and a customer services operative will set Caller Display up for you.  

Regards  dozer167

I do not work for Virgin Media, I'm just another customer. If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the kudos star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer?
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
CosmicCat

Many thanks for the response dozer.

I have registered and now know why there is such a lack of information about this in the documentation.

I am completely astonished to discover that this is a chargable service.

Seriously, you have to pay extra to have the number of an incoming caller displayed on your phone.

I think even BT were providing this service for free over 5 years ago.

And I thought sky were the masters of additional charges and sneaky price rises!

Sorry about the rant dozer, it's not directed at you I am grateful for your response.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

[ Edited ]

CosmicCat wrote:

Many thanks for the response dozer.

I have registered and now know why there is such a lack of information about this in the documentation.

The cost of Caller Display is in the call costs guide at www.virginmedia.com/callcosts

Caller Display**** £2.25

As well as being detailed as chargeable on the page here http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/phone-fibre-optic/about-virgin-media-fibre-optic/calling-features...

Buy one feature for £2.25 a month or choose a bundle of 2 or more for £3.90 a month

Caller Display    See who’s calling before you decide to answer the phone

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
CosmicCat

Thanks Ben - I stand corrected. Please excuse my stupidity and naivety for expecting this to be an inclusive service.

Please use plain text.
Crafty
MeFromHere

Q F A
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
fly243

Since I upgraded to TiVo i cannot get caller display - I have rung Virgin who say its my phone BUT it only disappeared since TiVo was upgraded - Help!

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Craig_D

Hi fly243

Sorry to hear about this issue, are you experiencing this issue on all calls or some calls?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Craig

Craig
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
dstote

[ Edited ]

I am aware this is chargeable and always have been as it is clearly stated in the documentation and sign up information. That does not make it right. In essence Virgin is disabling a standard service and charging for it to be enabled. Virgin save nothing in terms of running costs while it is disabled, so enabling it and charging is pure profiteering. A regulator should stop this practice.

They are taking clear advantage of the services they provide, going to another provider for my phone only would cost more than the extra £27 a year for caller ID. It is ridiculous that I can have free voice mail which I don't need but not Caller ID which I would. Disabling voice mail by default would save Virgin running costs and should in turn make things cheaper for me if it was disabled, but there is no charge for it, so it makes no difference.

Actual sense makes no sense in the corporate world I'm afraid and we just have to live with it until some market force changes the current charging practice.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
yahoo212

:smileysurprised:Maybe they're in cahoots with the cold callers?

Please use plain text.