Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
antochek

Cordless phones - no dial tone

A few days ago the cordless phones we have used for some time stopped picking up a dial tone. Having checked the line and socket with a backup corded phone it seemed the fault was with the cordless. Tried the master socket - same result. Having replaced the cordless yesterday with another set, the problem is still there - no dial tone - yet ok with the corded handset.

Advice and help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Brian_J

Re: Cordless phones - no dial tone

Hi antocheck,

Have you tested the cordless equipment on another virgin media line?

Thanks

Brian_J
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
antochek

Thanks for the quick reply, Brian. Unable to check as I do not know anyone locally with a Virgin line.

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Brian_J

Hi antochek,

Have you tested on any other line? If you could that would be great just so we can rule out the equipment.

Thanks

Brian_J

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
antochek

Can't do this immediately and will get back asap. As the set I have just installed is new, equipment failure on both sets is, I would have thought, unlikely.

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Robert_W

Hi antochek,

Just a quick note, if both handsets came together as a set, then they are actually considered as one phone, simply because it is the base station that needs testing. The reason for this being that if it has developed a fault, any handset running via it will not work.

If, however, they are two separate phones, then that would indeed point to the line being faulty and would require a technician.

If the latter, let us know and we'll book a tech.

Hope this helps.

Robert Ward

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
antochek

Thanks Rob for the help. I replaced the original set which I assumed had developed a fault with a refurbished BT Studio 3500. It also occurred to me that Virgin installed a new router along with the 50Mb upgrade a couple of weeks ago so I tried switching that off for a time, although it is not situated anywhere near the phone base station, but no result. Yesterday I managed to test both sets on a BT and another Virgin line with the same result - no dial tone on anything.  So back to square one, I think we're going to stay stay with a corded set-up.

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Robert_W

Hi antochek,

Curious! Unlikely as it sounds, if both sets failed to work on 2 other lines as well, I would say both sets are at fault.

"The impossible simply hasn't happened yet!"

Thanks for letting us know and have a nice day

Robert Ward

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.