Making Waves
Steph_C

Can't call out, can't recieve calls in

Hi,

My phone line does not accept calls in and i can't call out - just get a dead tone?

How can I get it checked out.

regards

Steph_C

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Christopher_G

Re: Can't call out, can't recieve calls in

Steph, could be a phone issue- could you test another phone please?

Chris Glen
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Steph_C

Hi Chris,

Will check when I get home - it doesn't seem to affect the broadband connection.  And i can call when i use a proxy number for landlines

regards

Steph

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Christopher_G

No problems Steph, no your broadband and phone connections are seperate and as such have no corellation with one another

Chris Glen

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Steph_C

Hi,

I have tried a different phone and i get the same responses but have narrowed down the issues:

1. can call out to landline and mobiles

2. cannot call out to overseas numbers

3. cannot recieve calls to my home number

what do you advise

Steph

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Robert_W

Hi Steph_C,

I'm unable to find your details form either the I.P. address or the email alias, can you P.M. me your address and I'll check the line/book a technician.

Cheers

Robert Ward

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Steph_C

Hello Robert,

Sorry - what does "P.M. me your address" mean?

Steph

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Robert_W

Hi Steph_C,

Sorry, it means Personal or Private Message.

If you click on my name, it will bring up another page, on the right is the option to send a P.M.

It's just to keep personal information off open threads.

Cheers

Robert Ward

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Robert_W

[ Edited ]

Hi Steph_C,

I got your P.M. thanks, and I've found your account.

I'll P.M. you the details of the appointment.

Cheers

Robert Ward

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Steph_C

Hi Robert,

will you PM me to my listed email address?

Cheers

Steph

Please use plain text.