Settled in nicely I
Sonatine

Can't Receive Incoming Calls

Hi

I'm hoping someone from VM can help with my problem. I have just noticed that I cannot receive any incoming calls (how long this has been the case I don't know). There are no service faults noted on the service status page on this website.

I can call voicemail no problem, ring out to other numbers no problem, but no incoming calls. If I try to phone my landline from my mobile, the phone in the house doesn't ring, and through the mobile I hear one ring, then it stops and the line gets very loud and crackly. Call quality outgoing is normal - no crackling etc.

Thank you for any help.

Please use plain text.
Knows the ropes III
Pearce_G

Re: Can't Receive Incoming Calls

Hi Sonatine

I have sent you a PM with engineer appointment times.

Thanks

Gavin Pearce
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely I
Sonatine

Thank you for the prompt response, much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely I
Sonatine

Posting this for the benefit of other users with similar problems.

I had tried plugging and unplugging the phone cable and removing the power from the cordless base station. It never even occurred to me to check the socket doubler I had in the socket as everything had been working fine until today, and when I was investigating ADSL speed issues just before moving to VM in October it had been ruled out as a problem component.

After reading a few related threads on these and other forums I tried removing the socket doubler on the phone socket, and tried phoning my house phone and it worked just fine. I have now tried it with the socket doubler in then out 4 or 5 times, and every time it is in the incoming call fails, but works as it should with it out. It seems the socket doubler has gone bad since September and that it is the cause. I wonder if this is related to the fact this many years old thing now bizarrely smells of TCP/new plastic?

Please use plain text.
Settling in
steven_davies

I have the very same problem.

It started Saturday 28/1/12 night / Sunday morning 29/1/12.  I was told that this is planned maintenance work my Virgin faults and my phone would be working again 7:00PM Monday 30/1/12.

What a load of rubbish!!

Virgin never mind advertising that you are going to double the broadband speed, why not try something new, like keep your services up and running continuously for more than 7 days!  Maybe a good starting point would be to start reporting the truth about the service status

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

This webpage is always showing a good service even when you have major outages.

I, like most customers find themselves without broadband at least once a month,  Tivo on demand not working and now the phones not working.  I would try and call in but it can take over an hour and they know less than I do.

Please use plain text.
Whiz Kid II
Andrew_H

Hi Steven,
Please reply to the personal message i've sent you. Furthermore in future if you're having issues yourself that you'd like us to look at, please post in a new thread.

Thanks

Andrew_H
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.