Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
Jie_Bie_1874

Caller display - free or not free?

I recently read this thread on the digitalspy forums which seems to suggest that caller display is now being offered for free for all VM customers:  http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1646652

However when I called customer services this morning to enquire about this I was told it would cost me £2.25 per month if I wanted it, and the associate I spoke to (Leanne in a call centre in the Glasgow area) said she knew nothing about it being free.

Anyone on here able to give any advice on this?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
AMD87

Re: Caller display - free or not free?

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
VMRocks

Been with Virgin for around 2 years and after 6 months enquired about Call Display...got it for free...dont understand why some pay and some dont...it werent a "tickle" either...!!!
Please use plain text.
Jie_Bie_1874

So the answer to my question is that for some customers it's £2.25 per month, but for others it's free?

My next question is then how do I become one of the latter group of customers? 

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Tbgbe

Not quite.
It used to be free, but now you have to pay.

TVXL(V+), BB10Mb, Ph(M)
Please use plain text.
Jie_Bie_1874

Used to be free?  The digitalspy thread I linked to had a guy claiming he was given it for free last month, which wasn't that long ago!  Of course he might be lying, but there are a couple of other folk who seem to have it free on here too.

Hopefully VM will see sense and grant what is a very useful service to their customers as part of their line rental.  BT offer it free as part of their privacy at home service.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Swt4ajp

i had some issues at the beginging of being with vm 2 years ago and i got it free of charge as a sorry for having the issues.

i think its wrong that some people are saying that they get it free when others have to pay for it.

its just a simple add on that they should give every customer. tiscali use to give it free of charge to all customers (mainly because they were rubbish anyway and lost money every year)

Please use plain text.
Jie_Bie_1874

swt4ajp - agree 100% with your comment "i think its wrong that some people are saying that they get it free when others have to pay for it"

with a bit of luck a VM rep has seen this thread and perhaps it will set the ball rolling for a change in policy (or at the very least, maybe give it to me for free, cos I ain't paying an extra £25 per year for something other folk get for nothing!)

Please use plain text.