Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
ianppp

After spending 10 minutes on my mobile to the 0845 number
to report phone and broadband down an engineer was booked for the following day.

All services resumed and i tried to cancel the engineer by phoning a non 0845 number
I searched the www.saynoto0870.com website and found 0161 283 5510

I can't cancel that from here said the operator i'll give you another number

Is it an 0845 number I asked as I am fed up having to phone that from my mobile

and the 151 doesnt work from my virgin home phone? Yes she said, theres nothing I can do

So I asked should I just wait for the engineer to turn up then and tell him he has wasted his time?
ok then she said

Nice!

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: 0845

[ Edited ]
151 or 150 should always work from your Virgin land line. If they don't there is still something wrong
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
ianppp

ok cool

thanks for that info, I guess the engineer wont have a wasted journey after all :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Welcome__BHX

How about an 03 number to replace the rip-off 0845 numbers?

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
deejay

Re: 0845 - RIP OFF Virgin

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately I got made redundant late last year.

I have cut my Virgin Package down to a minimum (been with them since Redifusion days (if you can remenber that!)).

Anyway, to ring anyone - Government (DHSS, Job Center etc), Banks and many others - you have to ring 0845. I have (due to being out of work) loads to ring, all with 0845!

Yes I have complained to Virgin and Yes I have tried to find another direct number!

I even had Virgin phone me up to say that I had spent £67 in 2 days due to the 0845 rip off!

Even when I spoke to customer services about this - they agreed and said they have loads of complaints about this! So why do not Virgin listen........?!

This 0845 via Virgin is a complete RIP OFF

rant over ...... for now,

Regards all,

Dave

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
deejay

0845 - Rip Off

[ Edited ]

I do not believe it. Trying to report my phone is dead yet again. So I have to use my mobile.

All the numbers to contact Virgin are - yes you have guessed it! 0845..

Ringing from my mobile cost me £2.25!!

This is absolutely crazy!

It is beyond a joke and I have had enough.....I know where I shall be going - once I have terminated..........

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
deejay

Re: 0845 - Rip Off

.........well after eventually getting through, they have agreed to send another engineer out. I already explained that an engineer came out last Monday checked all the house and found no fault inside and said he would report back to say a technician was needed to check out the green box across the road.

He said Ok but my house had to be checked. I explained again! It had been checked - NO FAULT FOUND.

He said - No the engineer had to check my house - we are really going round in circles..........

The engineer will be out next Monday to check my house!

That is if I am in

and IF I am still with Virgin.......

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
ratass

alway look up 0845 / 0870 number  for free numbers at

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

and see wat comes up???

I work for BT and get free Broadband but still pay for Virgin Broadband
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
deejay

[ Edited ]

Been that site loads of times to get alternative tel numbers!! 99.9% have no alternative number.

I really think that Virgin should charge these numbers as everyone else does!

Being out of work with a virgin anytime - All numbers I have to ring - Job centers, Government depts, Banks etc all have these numbers.

Since being out of work, my call costs have more than doubled - due to Virgin charging for these!

yes! Its a ripoff by Virgin.............

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
ticktock

Next time your out shopping and there's a Virgin Media stand, chat to them and ask for the 0800 number they use. Then at least you can use a public phone to call.

I'm trying to get the service installed, so far not very good. It seems the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing, or should do.

I'm keeping my old phone line seperate from Virgin, both the phone & broadband so I hope when one goes down I've got the other as backup.

Please use plain text.