Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
mikeyham
Helpful Answer

0844 numbers

Can anyone help - our doctors surgery has just changed its number from an 0208 number, to an 0844 number. Will it cost extra on an unlimited calls contract to ring them?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: 0844 numbers

Unfortunately yes it will. Details of how much depend on the rest of the number, you can find out how much at www.virginmedia.com/callcosts
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

[ Edited ]

mikeyham wrote:

Can anyone help - our doctors surgery has just changed its number from an 0208 number, to an 0844 number. Will it cost extra on an unlimited calls contract to ring them?

Another practice ripping patients off!

They have been told that they should not be using these numbers.

http://www.hi-mag.com/health-insurance/product-area/cash-plans-dental/article395073.ece

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
mikeyham

Thanks for the link - I will talk to the surgery . . .!

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
mikeyham

Thanks to you both that replied to my message. i have today, written to the practice manager of my doctors surgery, and to my local MP, Ian Duncan-Smith.

Hopefully this will get sorted . . .!

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
smithsinha

You have to pay only 2p per minute for every call. The connection Fee for this number is nearly about £99 only.

Special 0844 numbers

Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

[ Edited ]

smithsinha wrote:

You have to pay only 2p per minute for every call. The connection Fee for this number is nearly about £99 only.

Special 0844 numbers

This is the cost to the recipient of the call, not to the person who makes it. The cost to the caller is just over 5ppm from most customers with a BT line. Virgins call costs are nearly three times this amount.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.